Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sudhavi_84
Helper V
Helper V

Power App

Hi Experts,

I have a question not sure I am posting here correctly or not.

1.) Current Process, We have latest 3 Months of data (projects) maintaining in Excel, and we comparing always Budget Vs latest 3 months of data of all projects.

user will check against budget with latest month and enters the value in same excel sheet about variances..Variances can be in different categories..

Is it possible that we can do this in Power APP? I don't want to do this in Excel because it is too much time consuming and in App  they can enter manually variances for each project..

2.)  Example in Latest month, projects will be repeated twice or thrice or more, so first Initially it should be summarised values always based on Month/year, so first should I do in List to summarise and then should I need to incorporate into Power APP?

Please guide me I am so excited to do this in Power APP for users

Thank you in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sudhavi_84 ,

The activities and analyses that you'll learn with Power BI generally follow a common flow. The common flow of activity looks like this:

1. Bring data into Power BI Desktop, and create a report.
  2. Publish to the Power BI service, where you can create new visualizations or build dashboards.
  3. Share dashboards with others, especially people who are on the go.
  4. View and interact with shared dashboards and reports in Power BI Mobile apps.

So firstly based on your description, I'd suggest you download Power BI Desktop to transform data ,do some summarization ,create reports... not Power Mobile app .

Secondly, you said  it should be summarised values always based on Month/year ,You could simply do this in PBI:

• Use the default summarize type:

Date Hierarchy and summarize type.jpg

• Use SUM() of DAX to create a measure:
Measure = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Variances ]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Category],'Table'[Date].[Year],'Table'[Date].[MonthNo]))

SUM measure.PNG

If you have any other issues, please share more detail information like the data sample and your expected output to help us clarify your scenario.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sudhavi_84 ,

The activities and analyses that you'll learn with Power BI generally follow a common flow. The common flow of activity looks like this:

1. Bring data into Power BI Desktop, and create a report.
  2. Publish to the Power BI service, where you can create new visualizations or build dashboards.
  3. Share dashboards with others, especially people who are on the go.
  4. View and interact with shared dashboards and reports in Power BI Mobile apps.

So firstly based on your description, I'd suggest you download Power BI Desktop to transform data ,do some summarization ,create reports... not Power Mobile app .

Secondly, you said  it should be summarised values always based on Month/year ,You could simply do this in PBI:

• Use the default summarize type:

Date Hierarchy and summarize type.jpg

• Use SUM() of DAX to create a measure:
Measure = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Variances ]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Category],'Table'[Date].[Year],'Table'[Date].[MonthNo]))

SUM measure.PNG

If you have any other issues, please share more detail information like the data sample and your expected output to help us clarify your scenario.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sudhavi_84
Helper V
Helper V

And also if it is best option to move to Power APP? What is the best way to approach?

First should I summarise the List from Excel and get into Power APP

Or should I summarise in Canvas App by writing Queries?

Please help

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors