Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Mayu
Frequent Visitor

PBI mobile dashboard tweaks

Good morning, Mobile Team.

I am wondering if anyone could help me figuring out how to disable the ribbon at the bottom of PBI mobile app.  I tried at the dashboard setting and was able to disable comment feature but not others.

1. This ribbon appears when we don’t maximize the screen. Can we turn this feature off?
  2. If #1 doesn’t have an option, can we set to maximize by default so that this ribbon will not appear?

Mayu_0-1681482639603.png

Thank you,

Mayu Hayashi,

5 REPLIES 5
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @Mayu ,

Actually you can use MDM (Mobile Device Management) tool to remotely configure the app for all the users in your organization,and set this configuration to be dynamic...

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/mobile/mobile-app-configuration

Hope it helps, 

Maya 

Mayu
Frequent Visitor

Hi Maya, 

Thank you for the link! It is a useful resourse. To confirm, the footer can be set as docked or dynamic. There is no option to disable, correct? 

We are testing our mobile version and testers are confused with options available through the footer.  We have set it as dynamic to minimize the appearance but testers tried to annotate and bookmark.  During testing, users report that these functions do not work. 

Since this report was created as an interactive airport status reporting tool, there is no need of anyone to annotate and share on mobile dashboard. Bookmark also confused a handful of testers that they believe they bookmarked on their section of interst but it always leads to the landing page.

As you mentioned in the first response, if there is no options to turn it off, we need to prepare for the questions when we make it available to all users but I just confirm. 

Thank you so much for your attention and help!

Mayu    

Hey @Mayu ,

You are correct there is not way to disable the footer competely, since it is the entry point for report level actions that otherwise cannot be initiated. 

1) Can you please explain what is not working for you with Annotate? 

2) Regarding bookmarks, the app allows applying a bookmark, but not setting one. Are you saying that your testers expect to create a bookmark?

Thanks for your feedback, 

Maya

Mayu
Frequent Visitor

Hi Maya,  

Thank you for the tips. I looked into my settings and it was already turned off the "docked report footer" option. We are pushig out a mobile application using PBI and getting lots of feedback on the footer being confusing.  We wanted to turn it off from admin side but unfortunately it seems that there is no option for that for now. 

Thank you for you insights though!

Mayu 

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @Mayu ,

you cannot completely make it disappear, but you can configure your app to have the footer disappear automatically shortly after the report loads and only show up when you scroll.

Go to the app setting by tapping on your account image --> setting --> under the preference section turn off the "docked report footer" option.

Thanks, Maya

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors