Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

VijiRGBS
Helper I
Helper I

Mobile view is not working

Hi

I created report in Power BI desktop and also added Mobile layout with few changes. then published to service. But when viewed from my android phone it still showing web view and not in Mobile layout.

Is something needs to be enabled

I am using Power BI version - Version: 2.112.603.0 64-bit (December 2022)

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @VijiRGBS ,

Are you using Power BI mobile app or mobile browser?

Report mobile layout is respected when you view the report in Power BI Mobile app (using phone and tablet) and holding your device in portrait orientation. When using browser, the report is always displayed in web layout.

Thanks, Maya

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
IEG_CSC12
Frequent Visitor

Hey @mshenhav 

I had the same problem as @VijiRGBS as I thought it would adapt to the browser. Is there any predictions if it is going to be possible to view the report in mobile layout but using browser?

Thanks

Hey @IEG_CSC12 ,

This is a question to ask at the Power BI service channel.

Thanks, Maya 

Hey @mshenhav 

Do you know where I can contact them?

Thanks, Felipe

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @VijiRGBS ,

Are you using Power BI mobile app or mobile browser?

Report mobile layout is respected when you view the report in Power BI Mobile app (using phone and tablet) and holding your device in portrait orientation. When using browser, the report is always displayed in web layout.

Thanks, Maya

Hi
We are trying to use mobile optimized option with the App on a Tablet (iPad).
I was surprised to see it only works in portrait mode. When switching to landscape (which is the most common way people are using a tablet) it switches to the non-optimized/regular view.
I understand this is how it works right now. But it's just a big miss for mobile. For an iPhone it would be ok, but still switching to landscape also goes out of mobile view. But for a tablet it's not doable, it's just useless.
There must be some development on its way right? This seem very limititive to us.

Thanks

Hey @regikono ,

Thanks for your feedback. We are tracking community requests in Fabric Ideas website - can you please add your request there? It helps collect feedback and understand how many customers are requesting the features using the voting option.

Thanks, Maya

Thank you to clarify, despite the diculous Power BI behaviour....

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors