Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

samuelstinger
Frequent Visitor

Iterate over filter (slicer) values with button

Hello all!

Does anyone know how to iterate over a filter (slicer) with a button (or something else)?

Especially this interesting in mobile mode.

Maybe you know custom visuals for this?

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can (ab)use a play axis visual for that but I think your suggestion makes sense, and warrants its own implementation. If this is important to you please consider voting for an existing idea or raising a new one at https://ideas.powerbi.com

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You can use the standard slicer visual. Change it to horizontal layout which will give you button-like behavior.

Thank you, lbendlin!

This method is suitable for desktop mode, but not very convenient in mobile mode.

I will keep looking...

Hey @samuelstinger ,

Can you please explain why Slicer buttons view is not convenient in mobile view? Can you elaborate more about what would be more convenient in your opinion?

Thanks, Maya

Hello, Maya!

Thanks for your reply!

I will try to explain my point.

Let you need to iterate by some field. This field contain many rows (for example 100 or 1000).

And some charts depend on this field. 

A user wants to sequentially view the data for each selected value. 

If you choose to implement a slider as a dropdown, the user must click on the slider, scroll to the next value and click on this value. And it should be every time. 

If you choose to implement the slider as a tiles, then it will take many space in screen and it will be not very useful, because the user will have to scroll to the next value and select it manually.

if there was a way to do this with two buttons "Prev" and "Next" it would be very convenient.

Thanks!

You can (ab)use a play axis visual for that but I think your suggestion makes sense, and warrants its own implementation. If this is important to you please consider voting for an existing idea or raising a new one at https://ideas.powerbi.com

Thanks, lbendlin!

I added this as an new idea (link).

Thank you all for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors