Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

FlorisvLieshout
Regular Visitor

Free user (backed by Premium) Does not see Workspaces shared with him, in Mobile App

Hi all,

I've got an issue with a Free user (backed by Premium) who is able to use the Mobile App of Power BI. He has been granted access to several Workspaces as a Viewer.

Within the Mobile App, however, he only sees 'My Workspace' and does not have the dropdown option to go through all the Workspaces shared with him. Strangely, he does see all the reports and dashboards in the 'Shared with me' Tab. 

Does anybody understands what is going on here? It would be nice to see this dropdown choice for him. 

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @FlorisvLieshout ,

Free users are able to view and access content shared with them from a workspace in the “Shared with me” page.

This is true also for cases that the user was added to the workspace as viewer.

In general, in the current design free users do not have Workspace page in the app.

You can add an idea in our uservoice website - https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Thanks Maya

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FlorisvLieshout,

Did this workspace mange in premium capacity?
As the official document mentioned, the group workspaces are pro features. If you not have a Pro license and these workspaces not assigned into premium capacity. These workspaces will also require pro licenses to access and the users can only view shared contents in the 'shared with me' tab instead of direct access to correspond workspaces.

Power BI service features by license type 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @FlorisvLieshout ,

Free users are able to view and access content shared with them from a workspace in the “Shared with me” page.

This is true also for cases that the user was added to the workspace as viewer.

In general, in the current design free users do not have Workspace page in the app.

You can add an idea in our uservoice website - https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Thanks Maya

Hey @FlorisvLieshout ,

From the latest release of Power BI Mobile app, free users who have access (viewer role) to workspaces will have direct access to the workspaces from the app navigation at the bottom of the screen.

This should make it easier for users to find and access the conent in workspaces.

Thanks, Maya

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors