Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tracyhopaulson
Resolver I
Resolver I

Failed to favorite report

I have a user who tried to favorite a report in Power BI app and got error message "Failed to favorite, please try again".  Attached image with error and details here.

Screenshot 2022-02-24 130111.jpg

User has E5 license and is set as a member in the workspace.  We all have similar licenses and accesses but he is the only one who received the error and cannot favorite the report.  Has anyone experienced this and know how to troubleshoot it?

Please help and share your solution.  Thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES 10
msksenthil
Helper III
Helper III

Hello, did you get the solution to this issue? One of my colleagues faces the same error

Hey @msksenthil ,

We are not aware of any issue with marking report as favorite. Can you please provide more details?

Thanks, Maya

Hi, I follow because I have exactly the same issue. I can "favorite" any report except one where I get this error:

Failed to favorite, please try again.

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.Hide details
  • Activity ID73f992ff-2ab0-4525-a9cc-a5dce7da5df1
  • Request IDf6f1a568-c40e-e0d8-5f02-176b31dd49d4
  • Correlation ID44613a6a-3bc7-4f5a-e707-6322e0f53e86
  • Status code400
  • TimeMon Jun 05 2023 13:15:58 GMT+0200 (Central European Summer Time)
  • Service version13.0.20819.75
  • Client version2305.5.14128-train
  • Cluster URI https://wabi-north-europe-d-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/
rekstrom601
Frequent Visitor

Below fixed our issue!!!

Instructions to check hidden items below: 

• Click on settings (the gear)
  • Click on Settings Again
  • Click on Hidden Items
  • Check each hidden items and click "show items"

rekstrom601_0-1648589211820.png

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @tracyhopaulson ,

Can it be a transient error? or does it happen all the time?

On what platform does this error occur?

Can you also provide version number?

Thanks, Maya

One more thing, it appears he was able to add some other reports to his Favorites.  Not sure why there is an issue with this particular report.

Hi @tracyhopaulson 

Where does this happen? Does he try to favorite the report in his Power BI Mobile Apps or in a web browser on computer? Or it happens on other devices?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

Report is accessed from his desktop computer and website https://app.powerbi.com.  No other devices.  For now, he has to go to the workspace and search for the report name.  It would be helpful to favorite it for quick & easy access.  Please advise if you have solution for this.  Thanks

Hi @tracyhopaulson 

I found some old issues which had the same error message when failing to favorite a report, but no solution is provided there. I suggest that you create a support ticket to seek for more help. It is free as the user has Power BI Pro license. How to create a support ticket in Power BI

Best Regards,
Jing

Hi Maya,

It is Power BI Pro version 13.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors