Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jamaicawi
Helper II
Helper II

Embedded web view url/link to report does not display the optimized mobile layout

I've created the Mobile Layout for a report in Power BI Desktop. Report is published and app updated.

Using my mobile device, I navigate to the app, see the report in the app and in the workspace and it shows that the report is optimized for viewing on a mobile device. Here is the problem I'm encountering after doing all that work...

My report consumers are given the report's embedded web view url. My published to app Power BI reports are linked on a sharepoint and that's where my report consumers can click to open/view the reports. Example, report embedded web view url uses this format... https://app.powerbi.com/reportEmbed?reportId=

I expected after optimizing the report for mobile layout and publishing the report, going through the deployment pipeline and then and updating the app that the configured mobile layout for the report will be seen using the shared report embedded web view url. Instead the report embedded url is displaying the report in the page view layout (not optimized for mobile device) on the mobile device.

Is there a different url format to see the mobile layout when using their mobile device web browser?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Sahir_Maharaj
Super User
Super User

If you want to view the mobile layout on a mobile device, you will need to access the report directly from the Power BI app. You can share the report from the app with your report consumers and they can view it on their mobile devices using the Power BI app. This way, they will be able to see the mobile layout that you created in Power BI Desktop.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

If my response(s) assisted you in any way, don't forget to drop me a "Kudos" 🙂

Kind Regards,
Sahir Maharaj
Data Scientist | Data Engineer | Data Analyst | AI Engineer
P.S. Want me to build your Power BI solution?
➤ Lets connect on LinkedIn: Join my network of 13K+ professionals
➤ Join my free newsletter: Data Driven: From 0 to 100
➤ Website: https://sahirmaharaj.com
➤ Email: sahir@sahirmaharaj.com
➤ Want me to build your Power BI solution? Lets chat about how I can assist!
➤ Join my Medium community of 30K readers! Sharing my knowledge about data science and artificial intelligence
➤ Explore my latest project (350K+ views): Wordlit.net
➤ 100+ FREE Power BI Themes: Download Now
LinkedIn Top Voice in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science and Machine Learning

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Ahak
Frequent Visitor

Hello @Sahir_Maharaj 

is their any update for those topics? If I use the URL from the Browser its automically identifies my device. And when Click on the Link with my Iphone it´s automically opens the report in my Power BI Phone App. 

On the Embedded its open it up it in the landscape mode.  😐

As Alternative I have this mspbi url which also redirects me to the Power BI App. But I need add an  Filter Parameter for this link and that doesnt work.  

mspbi://app/OpenReportReportObjectId=XXXXXX&GroupObjectId=XXXXXX&filter=DimCustomer%2FCUstomerID%20eq%'XXYYYY'

Do you have an Idea? 

Many thanks,

Ahak

Sahir_Maharaj
Super User
Super User

If you want to view the mobile layout on a mobile device, you will need to access the report directly from the Power BI app. You can share the report from the app with your report consumers and they can view it on their mobile devices using the Power BI app. This way, they will be able to see the mobile layout that you created in Power BI Desktop.

Kind Regards,
Sahir Maharaj
➤ Join my Medium community of 30K readers! Sharing my knowledge about data science and artificial intelligence
LinkedIn Top Voice in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science and Machine Learning

Thank you for confirming, Sahir. It's appreciated. 

I've directed my report consumers to use Power BI mobile app to get the optimized view on their mobile device.

Its my pleasure @jamaicawi.

Should you require further assistance, do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Kind Regards,
Sahir Maharaj
Sahir_Maharaj
Super User
Super User

Hello @jamaicawi,

Currently, the embedded view of Power BI reports does not support the mobile layout that you created in Power BI Desktop. When you access the embedded view URL on a mobile device, it will show the report in the page view layout.

Kind Regards,
Sahir Maharaj

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors