Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Nikos_Korompos

Connect directly to a report through mobile app

Hi community!

I have shared a report to a member out of our organisation.He can see the report through laptop and through the mobile app.The problem is that when he connects through the mobile app, with his account, he can not see the notifications and the reports that i've sent to him.He has to follow the link through the e-mail that i have sent to him,and then he connects as a guest through the mobile app.Is there a way when he opens the app and connect immidiately to the report?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @Nikos_Korompos ,

To view report/dashboard shared from external tenant, the user must have a link to the item.

This link can be kept inside of Power BI (inside another report) or outside of Power BI (sharing email for example).

See more detailes here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-mobile-apps-now-support-azure-ad-b2b-guest-users/

There is no tenant switcher in the app that lets you switch b/w your home tenant and other tenants, you can only do that using a link.

Thanks, Maya

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nikos_Korompos ,

What type account you shared? If you mean external users, they can only use email link to access shared contents.

Maybe you can take a look at following link to use azure b2b to add him to your organization.

Distribute Power BI content to external guest users with Azure AD B2B

After these, he can direct view these shared contents.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin Sheng,

Thanks a lot for your reply!

I tried to follow the steps on the linked that you pasted, but as you can see below there is not the choice of tenant settings.What should i do?

Best Regards,

Admin Portal.png

Hey @Nikos_Korompos ,

To view report/dashboard shared from external tenant, the user must have a link to the item.

This link can be kept inside of Power BI (inside another report) or outside of Power BI (sharing email for example).

See more detailes here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-mobile-apps-now-support-azure-ad-b2b-guest-users/

There is no tenant switcher in the app that lets you switch b/w your home tenant and other tenants, you can only do that using a link.

Thanks, Maya

Hi Maya,

Thanks a lot for your reply!

I was just trying to find out if there is a way to avoid the step of the link, because it is much faster to open the report directly through the mobile app.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors