Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pborah
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Cannot scroll sideways in a matrix table in mobile layout.

I have designed mobile layouts for our reports in the service cloud. While going through them in the PowerBI iOS app, I noticed that you cannot scroll sideways in any matrix table. You can for a regular table however. Is there an additional step that I am missing or is this a bug? Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
CollierTR

I just encountered the same issue. It seems that it is becase the row header panes are frozen by defult. In Power BI Desktop you can unfreeze the headers by left clicking the matrix in desktop view. Then when you switch to mobile view the issue is fixed and you can now scroll left-to-right. So, the issue is not that you cannot scoll, it is scrolling. You just can't tell because the row header panes are frozen. However, this is still a major issue as you cannot save it in the unfrozen state. Therefore, if you have a wide header it seems as if you cannot scroll in the mobile version of the report. If the Power BI team could make a togglable option in the visuals setting to have the panes frozen or not, It would solve the issue...

Chwayita-Momoza
Helper II
Helper II

the behavior you described, where you cannot scroll sideways in a matrix table in the Power BI iOS app, might be influenced by the specific design and responsiveness settings in your report.

Ensure that the matrix table in your report is designed to be responsive. Responsive design allows visuals to adapt to different screen sizes and orientations.

MH_Ger
Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing the same problem. Consequently, I have to remove some visuals in mobile view as they become unusable without the ability to scroll sideways. 

Hi @MH_Ger 
We are not aware of any current issue with the ability to scroll visuals sideways when using Power BI mobile apps.

Can you please specify on which visuals you experience the issue, is it reproduce on iOS/Android/both.

Can share screenshot that describe the issue?

Thanks,

Michal

khloe_ng
Frequent Visitor

any updates from Microsoft's staff? because currently I have the same issue, can't scroll sideway in a maxtrix table in mobile layout 

Jsomkul
Frequent Visitor

Hey, i have the same problem. i can not scroll sideway to see more columns when i use Matix Visual. Is there a way to fix this problem yet?

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @pborah ,

We are not aware of any issue with scrolling in Matrix visual.

Can you share PBIX file with a repro for us to investigate?

Thanks, Maya

pborah
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @mshenhav (Maya),

It seems I cannot attach a PBIX file here because of this - 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/how-to-attach-pbix-file-in-this-forum/td-p/404432

Here's a onedrive link to the file -

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvxNSipXyofdgjO8qsG83ryW4BOu?e=Qiqbxs

Although I've used AdventureWorks data for this, the issue still persist with a matrix table in mobile reports. Thanks.

Thank for sharing @pborah 

I was able to repro the issue. We are looking into it.

Regards, 

Maya

pborah
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @mshenhav , I was wondering - does this officially qualify as a bug? If so, did you file a bug report somewhere or am I supposed to do it. And when will I know if this issue is resolved? Only asking because we are in a production environment. Thank you.

Hi @pborah,

Did this issue fix now? If that is the case, you can consider closing the thread to help other users who faced a similar scenario to know it will be fixed in the next release.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hey @pborah ,

Yes, this forum is one of the channels for report about bugs. 

If your organization has the right license (Pro account) you can also contact Power BI Support - https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Regarding the issue with the visual - we have forwarded it to the relevant team. I would recomment to report it in the Service forum as well, as this behaviour is not unique to Power BI Mobile experience.

Thanks, 

Maya  

pborah
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@mshenhav , thank you!

pborah
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Thanks @mshenhav  (Maya),

Due to data confidentiality issues I cannot send you the original pbix, but I will try to replicate the issue with AdventureWorks data. Although I cannot forsee how that will help. Please keep in mind I am talking about the scrolling issue in the Power BI mobile app once I've also designed a mobile layout for the same report in power bi service. On a regular browser or desktop, it works just as intended.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors