Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SimonTRS
Regular Visitor

Cannot connect to Power BI Report Server from Android

Hi,

We are new to power BI. We have setup a test power bi report server and opened this site to the internet. We can connect to http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/reports via a browser. We can also connect to it via IOS Power BI App running PowerBI. However whenever we use the Android App (we have tried a few devices) we enter the username and password and it indicates these are incorrrect ('User name or password isn't correct).

We are using the same server and login details across all three scenarios and only the Android fails.

I have not found any information on why this would happen and am hoping there is a quirk with the way you connect via Android that i have missed.

Regards.

Simon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We managed to get this all working.

We installed everything on the latest versions of windows and sql server.

However what did the trick was the username on ios is domain\username whereas on android it had to be in the format username@domain.

Thanks all for your help.

Simon.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SimonTRS,

If your issue only appears with android device, I'd like to suggest contact to mobile team to confirm this issue.

In addition, it will be help if you share more detailed information(e.g testing devices and environment...)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

In terms of our environment:

* Report server running on Windows Server 2012 R2 Data Centre, SQL Server 2014 Enterprise

* Two android devices tested: Samsung Galaxy 8+, Lenova 7' Tablet.

I wonder if we upgrade to SQL 2016 or 2017 whether this might make a difference. We have no reason not to upgrade as this is only in test..

Regards.

Simon.

Hey Simon,

I suggest to upgrade, as Power BI Mobile supports SSRS 2016 (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/mobile-app-ssrs-kpis-mobile-on-premises-reports.)

Thanks Maya

We managed to get this all working.

We installed everything on the latest versions of windows and sql server.

However what did the trick was the username on ios is domain\username whereas on android it had to be in the format username@domain.

Thanks all for your help.

Simon.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors