Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

spiderrob
Advocate III
Advocate III

Apple watch app not updating

Great to see the Apple watch app released. However, mine seems to sync initially but then stay with the same data. If I open the Power BI app on the iPhone, the latest data is displayed but the watch still shows the original synced data?

Anyone else seeing the same issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Mikev79

Apple Watch connection to the power BI app and the update policy is dependant on many factors,

The Power BI team needs some details to ensure your watch is being refreshed correctly.

I would like to request that you open a customer ticket for your Apple Watch issue here - so we can track your issue and assist,

Thanks,

Roy

Roy Gal

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jlocke25

What was the solve for this?  Still having this issue in 2017, but couldn't find resolution from 2015.  The phone updates phone, but content does not update on watch unless manually refreshed.

Hi @jlocke25

There were a few improvements in the Apple Watch functionality and reliability over the last few months:

Watch OS3 has added reliability and stability to the sync process

The PowerBI team has leveraged Watch OS3’s new capabilities to improve refresh and performance of our Watch PBI app

Since the Apple Watch refresh process is dependent on Watch OS and Bluetooth connection to work we have added a way to refresh the PowerBI app directly from the watch itself!
When in the Apple Watch app simply deep press your dashboard to sync directly from the watch.

If you are still experiencing issues,

Please provide us with contact details so we can further assist you,

Roy Gal
jlocke25

What was the solve for this?  I found this old thread, but having this problem still today.  The mobile iOS app updates fine, but Apple Watch not updating unless it is forced.

Thanks

Mikev79

I have the same issue. 

To get the data to refresh I have to delete the app from the watch. Then reinstall it. Then refresh the page on the iOS app. It will update once after that but not throughout the day. 

Basically IF it works it only refreshes once a day, not per the power bi data refresh schedule.

Please help.

Thanks

Hi Mikev79

Apple Watch connection to the power BI app and the update policy is dependant on many factors,

The Power BI team needs some details to ensure your watch is being refreshed correctly.

I would like to request that you open a customer ticket for your Apple Watch issue here - so we can track your issue and assist,

Thanks,

Roy

Roy Gal
hilay
Employee
Employee

Hello,

I'm Hila from the engineering team of Power BI for Mobile.

Can you please confirm that you've updated to the latest 7.5 version?

7.5 containst fixes to a refresh issue related to Apple Watch.

Additionally - is it the card on the Apple Watch face that is not getting updates, or the dashboards?

Thanks, Hila

ebpeterkin
Regular Visitor

I'm also experiencing this problem. I even uninstalled the watch app and then added it back and it still would not display a recently added dashboard which is available on the phone app.

RGMS
Employee
Employee

Hi spiderrob,

The Power BI team is very happy and excited about our new Apple Watch app and we would like to thank you for reaching out to us.
Appe Watch connection to the Power BI app and the update policy is dependant on many factors, the Power BI team needs some additional details to ensure your app works as expected - therefore we would like to request that you open a customer ticket for your Apple Watch issue here - so we can track this issue and assit.

Thank you,

Roy.

Roy Gal

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors