Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

two reports with identical name in one workspace

In normal cases, publishing a report will replace the report if it has already been published before. But now in the same workspace, there are two reports with the same name. 

Hi @Ayna 

Usually, there is no way to upload a report with the same name to the Service. As in the screenshot of my test. You can follow up to see if there are similar cases. If this happens again, you can update this case .

vyetao1msft_0-1684734180245.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Ayna 

Usually, there is no way to upload a report with the same name to the Service. As in the screenshot of my test. You can follow up to see if there are similar cases. If this happens again, you can update this case .

vyetao1msft_0-1684734180245.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

paul_sanders
Frequent Visitor

I've seen the same.  I think by taking a report created in the PowerBI service, downloading to desktop, then re-publishing from Desktop, it's possible to get this situation. Very confusing.

fat_cat
Advocate II

Unfortunatlely, it is possible to have two reports with the same name in one Workspace. It happens when you try to replace a report with it's own embedded dataset with the new version of the same report, but linked to the shared (external) dataset.

I believe this should not be happening, as it causes a lot of problems - new report has a new link, so deleting old version results that bookmarks to the report that users created are now broken.