Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

icon color and broken image in search

we are having issues with broken image icons in our search results in Power BI for several weeks now.  We also have some people seeing different icon colors than others.   Anyone else experiencing this?   

pvandyck_0-1684163646698.png

pvandyck_1-1684163770267.png

pvandyck_2-1684163802641.png

Hi  @pvandyck ,

Currently I have not received any feedback from other users with similar problems as you are experiencing, I have tested it in both MS Edge browser and Google Chrome and they work fine.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @pvandyck ,

Currently I have not received any feedback from other users with similar problems as you are experiencing, I have tested it in both MS Edge browser and Google Chrome and they work fine.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Nameless_LW
Frequent Visitor

I saw when the icons lost their color a few days ago, now the icons are all gray (same as in the first post's second screenshot).

That's really annoying and makes it more difficult to find items in the workspace items list.

Andrew-T2
Frequent Visitor

I am also experiencing the broken links on the search results page.

Nameless_LW
Frequent Visitor

I'm afraid this seems to be yet another "smart" decision made to the UI. I don't have any confirmation about this, but since the issue has not been fixed and I can't see the icon colors anywhere anymore, this must be it.

If this is their new "design language", then it's not long, when our reports start to look like this:

Untitled.png

Way to go MS...

pvandyck
Regular Visitor

Solved for me through support ticket.  Seems to have been tenant specific...

Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2023 8:57 PM
Summary :
========
After receiving the case we have analyzed that you are receiving broken image icon in search in Power BI service. Regarding RCA, as per our product team response, and this issue happened as we were migrating to Microsoft Fabric (Advance AI features) region by region which also has an updated UI, so for some users (very specifically), this change was not fully implemented and hence the images were broken.
For reference: Data Analytics | Microsoft Fabric<https://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/microsoft-fabric>.
Since we have reported this issue to our product team, a new deployment for the same got completed today morning which has fixed the issue.

Hence proceeding to close the case with your complete acceptance.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have any concerns regarding the issue.

Thank you again for contacting Microsoft Technical support.
Stay safe stay healthy.
Best Regards,
Anjana J
Support Engineer | Microsoft Business Intelligence

Nameless_LW
Frequent Visitor

So I should report separetly on every tenant that has the same issue?

This sounds disappointing... First they try to update something and in the meantime break stuff. Then it's expected for the customers to report, hey we've got an issue with this thing that you're already aware you broke...