Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

date format not working after update

just did the latest Nov 2018 update and my dates on report all went from format "1/1/2018" to "Jan 1, 12AM" and I can't figure out how to change it back. I have checked data type in power query and on modeling tab.

any suggestions?

Comments
Thurmus
Frequent Visitor

I am having a similar issue. Have a column where I take the dates and make them 1/MM/yyyy. It then displays as Month Year and does the groupings properly. Since the update they all show 1/MM/yyy 12:00.

Where can I download the previous version again?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @electrobrit@Thurmus

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Please check you OS region settings and data model date type and format settings.

q5.PNG

If the issue still here, would you please share pbix file with us? If possible, you can upload them to your OneDrive and send the share link to me via private message. 

There is a Power BI desktop October version which you can try. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

MiraNi
Advocate III

I have the similar issue but already when using August version of Desktop. The issue has come up with two different customers and all users. I have Finnish for model language, that I checked. A report, where formatting has worked ok before, after few changes to report and when published, I noticed this formatting issue. 

Date formatting is now affected by the language selected in Power BI service, this was not the case before.