Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

can't download CloudScope Image (PBI certified)

Can't download CloudScope Image. Current version is 3.0.0.1, updated 4/18/2024. The error message says "An error occurred while rendering the report. Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'indexOf'). True."

While waiting this issue to be resolved, can you please recommend an alternative to display a large picture in my PBI desktop report where the image URL is a measure? Thank you! 

Hi @best_lina 

Thank you very much for your reply, your solution may help more users with the same problem. I will mark this post as “Delivered” .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @best_lina 

What version of Desktop are you currently using ? You mentioned that you want to display a large picture in my PBI desktop report where the image URL is a measure, can you explain it indetail ? Are you trying to add images inside visual? What does this have to do with measure?

Best Regards,

foodd
Super User

Hello @best_lina ,   CloudScope Image, a Power BI visual is developed,  published, and supported by CloudScope, LLC., and not Microsoft.  The communication path for support and concerns is to reach out them directly at:

Support

Having trouble displaying an image? Please read this KB article before opening a case.

To open a support ticket for Data Image, please send an email message to support@cloudscope.io describing your problem. Please provide a link to the image if possible, or a description of the image type. You can verify whether Power BI can display the image by using the grid/table control to verify.

To suggest a new feature or to request assistance developing your own custom visual, please contact us at info@cloudscope.io.

From <https://www.cloudscope.io/support/custom-visualizations/image>

If your requirement is solved, please make THIS ANSWER a SOLUTION ✔️ and help other users find the solution quickly. Please hit the LIKE 👍 button if this comment helps you.  Proud to be a Super User!

best_lina
Frequent Visitor

My desktop version is Version: 2.116.966.0 64-bit (April 2023). I am trying to add image to a visual. The reason why I use measure for URL can be explained by this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0KyQ6w_-nI&t=1712s (start from 16:17 method 3 - large image). In short, when image is large, the complete URL can not be stored in one single cell. Part of the URL will be truncated. So method 3 breaks down the URL when importing, and using DAX to reconstruct it when I need to add it to the visual. My problem right now is I can't download CloudScope. 

best_lina_0-1720205621722.png

after I hit "add", it first gave me this: 

best_lina_1-1720205643761.png

then I hit "update" (it says it already exists, but it is not in my visual list! I swear!) it shows below error: 

best_lina_2-1720205713172.png

I am working on govt data, I can't copy the details here (plus the details is very very long). 

Where are the downloaded visuals stored in my computer? aka what is the local path I can find them in my local Power BI folder? 

I can reach out to the CloudScope image support. But please can someone tell me if you can download this visual, or is it just me having this download issue? Thank you.  

foodd
Super User

Hello @best_lina , if you look at your local Downloads file, are you able to locate the .pbiviz file which you would have downloaded?   It sounds from your description that you are unable to update the visual as well.

Observation would be that you mentioned April 2023 as the version of Power BI Desktop currtently installed.   

My desktop version is Version: 2.116.966.0 64-bit (April 2023).

This is quite old perspectively.   Are you able to upgrade to the current release?  Many changes have been made to Power BI Desktop since then.  

As a workaround, you always have the opportunity to remove the visual (2), and import it again (1) from the .pbivix where ever the download is stored as 

shown in the image below.

The instructions for removing a visual follow the same logic and menu

that you would use to import a visual.

Import Power BI visuals from AppSource or from a file - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

foodd_0-1720207467890.png

If this is not successful, please do reach out to Cloudscope for support with thier product at support@cloudscope.io .

If your requirement is solved, please make THIS ANSWER a SOLUTION ✔️ and help other users find the solution quickly. Please hit the LIKE 👍 button if this comment helps you.  Proud to be a Super User!

best_lina
Frequent Visitor

@foodd @v-yetao1-msft 

our company system admin decides when to update PBI. I reached out to the CloudScope support. They confirmed that the oudated PBI Desktop is the issue for the failure of download. There is nothing I can do about the PBI update. I asked the CloudScope support if they can send me the .pbivix file of the visual so I can import it from local file instead of download it from AppSource. I am awaiting the response. 

Interestingly, I can download the example PBI file from CloudScope website in which I can display my image with their visual. But that visual only exists in the example file. I wonder if there is any way I can transfer it to my other reports where I need it. 🤔

best_lina
Frequent Visitor

The CloudScope support wrote back to me. He offered the solution. If I can't update my Desktop version, a good workaround is to edit my metrics on the PBI Service website in the cloud. I tried it, and it worked like a charm! Thank goodness. 

foodd
Super User

@best_lina , that is an amazing solution, and another reason why CloudScope and its Power BI Visuals are superb. It's fantastic how this turned out.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @best_lina 

Thank you very much for your reply, your solution may help more users with the same problem. I will mark this post as “Delivered” .

Best Regards,