Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Zoom not working for Mobile Report using iPhone both Power BI and Safari

Zoom not working for Mobile Report using iPhone - I developed a simple report, optimised for iPhone / Mobile phone. I used SQL Server Mobile Report Publisher to design and deployed the report to a VM on Azure. I can view the report with both Safari and Power BI, but the zoom functionality is not working. Am I missing something? Technology used: SQL Server 2016, iPhone 6s IOS 10.1.1 and Power Bi for iPhone version 9.9

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@TheDoctor

For optimized phone reports, you can scroll in a phone report, cross-highlight and select visuals, and open visuals in focus mode. But we cannot zoom in/out the optimized reports. Please refer to this document.

For non-optimized phone reports, you should be able to use the “pinch” gesture to zoom in and out.

You can create an idea in http://ideas.powerbi.com for it.

Best Regards,

Herbert

TheDoctor

Thanks for the reply Herbert, i started playing with the various formats and layouts. I can't get the pinch working - maybe it only works for specific visualisations like maps - I used a data grid.

From the documentation:

"In phone reports when you select a visual, the phone report highlights that visual and focuses on it, neutralizing canvas gestures.

With the visual selected, you can do things like scroll within the visual. To de-select a visual, just touch anywhere outside the visual area." 

If I understand this correctly I think zoom (pinch) gesture does not work, but I'll try a few more things. Thanks again.

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

gabil
Employee

Was your question about Power BI phone reports or SSRS mobile reports?

Thanks,

Gabi