Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Xero Dashboard giving "Sorry! Power-BI needs to complete certification before they can connect..."

Howdy,

Got a message this morning advising OAuth token had expired on the Xero dashboard (which is pretty normal). So went to re-auth within the dataset, but when it bounces out to the Xero site for authentication, after clicking the button to authorise Power BI to connect to our Xero, I now get the error: "Sorry! Power-BI needs to complete certification before they can connect to more Xero organisations. Please let them know you're keen to try their integration." and the only button available is "Back to Power-BI".

Have contacted Xero support and predictably they've said to contact Microsoft. Any ideas?

power-bi-xero-error.png

Comments
pmcgrath
Regular Visitor

I'm getting the same thing, seems to have happened overnight??

AdeyWilliams

Same here - started this morning... 😞

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I signed up a Xero free trial account to test on my side but not able to reproduce the issue. Would you please test again to see if the same issue occurs? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

pmcgrath
Regular Visitor

Looks like it is all working again now. Thanks!

ImanEftekhari
Advocate II

Same error for me.

elemetriq

Same error for me today, thought it was due to it being a trial account, so upgraded and same error occurred.

After clicking the link to go Back to Power BI, the following message appeared; 

Failed to update data source credentials: [Expression.Error] The field 'code' of the record wasn't found 

bradgcoza

This happens if one has multiple business's on xero.  It no longer pulls data from each different business, now only shows data from the first selected business.  When one tries to add another the above error occurs.  I somehow manaed to add another but it just pulls the same data as the first company connection.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Please create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updates on the cause of this issue?