Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

X-axis parameters for my chart do not save my sort-by preferences.

Hello,

I used a parameter to create different options to slice the date by in the x-axis in my line chart.  My options were to view the chart by week, month, and quarter.  After creating the slicer to click between those date options, I notice my sort-by peferences are resetted after I click to a different date option.  I was wondering if there is a way to fix this or if there was a ticket  out for this.  

This is when I initally creat a sort-by.

ShellerA_0-1688065300754.png

This is what it looks like after I click through a different option and then click back on "Fiscal Week"

ShellerA_1-1688065362078.png

Hi @Anonymous 

You can solve the sorting problem caused by switching parametres by creating a sorting metric.

Solved: Field Parameters sort order - Microsoft Fabric Community

Solved: Sorting on Parameter fields measures - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Anonymous 

You can solve the sorting problem caused by switching parametres by creating a sorting metric.

Solved: Field Parameters sort order - Microsoft Fabric Community

Solved: Sorting on Parameter fields measures - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yetao1-msft I appreciate the quick response.  I do not want to sort by my values, but by my x-axis.  These solutions did not work as the parameters I am using do not use a measure.  These dax expressions require a measure onhand to work properly.  I am just using date fields as my parameters and I am not sure how to modify the dax to make these work.  Are there any solutions for anything not related to using a measure since it is not appropriate for my date columns?  I want mine sorted by fiscal week.  Is there any way to apply to columns rather than measures?  

birknerj
Advocate I

@Anonymous you could try this solution presented by Access Analytic. I believe this would impact the default sort order for the selected columns across the report though. Just something to keep in mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo-8p7_3yZk

EmelineCL
Regular Visitor

@Anonymous In case you are still struggling with this, I was able to find a quick workaround that solved the issue for me.

I simply added my date field (from my Time Dimension) as a tooltip, and sorted my chart by this field.

I believe this only works if your field parameter only includes time fields - as it seems to be the case in your example.