Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

We have created new reports and checked for usage, nothing found even after weeks. I have used the r

Hi Friends,

We have created new reports and checked for usage, nothing found even after weeks. I have used the report multiple times and did not even see single usage. But older reports are showing usage.
1. Is there any setting we missed to track the usage when create workspace?

2. In admin portal, should we need to do something? but never done before for 3 yr older reports.

ykannan_0-1625173774467.png

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi, 

What’s the created date time of your report?

As far as I’m concerned, the usage metrics will not reflect the latest change until 24 hours, which is also explained in the text box:

vrobertqmsft_0-1625193394234.png

According to your two questions, here are the three prerequisites of creating a usage mertic:

• You need a Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) license to run and access the usage metrics data. However, the usage metrics feature captures usage information from all users, regardless of the license they're assigned.
  • To access improved usage metrics for a report, the report must reside in a modern workspace and you must have edit access to that report.
  • Your Power BI admin must have enabled usage metrics for content creators. Your Power BI admin may have also enabled collecting per-user data in usage metrics. Read about how to enable these options in the admin portal.

For more information:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-modern-usage-metrics

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

ykannan
Helper I

Thanks @v-robertq-msft  for your reply. Deployed 1 report a month back and other few 2 weeks back.

ykannan
Helper I

@v-robertq-msft ,
I checked the admin settings, Metrics option is enabled. But still no usage data.

ykannan_0-1625700184247.png

Hope Modern usage report is a new view but my issue is no data in usage to see in older view or new view.

By any chance, yourself or some one from support can have a look on this? If no usage reported, report will be disabled by admin. I don't want that happen. Pls help.

Thanks,

Yoga