Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Visio Visual not Working

Embedded Visio visual within a Power BI Desktop report is not visible anymore and data can not be assigned to the corresponding shapes. It worked perfectly before and not working in the latest version - 2.114.664.0 64bit (February 2023). Whenever I click on "View in Visio Online" the diagram appears and shows perfectly.
Please share if there is any idea regarding this issue.

Thank you

Hi @Anonymous 

This issue has been fixed in the latest version of PBI Desktop 2.114.803.0 , please update to the latest PBI Desktop latest version and test your visual .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
novicepbixer
Advocate I

Please Microsoft fix this! I have many operational dashboards that use the visio visual and I need to make updates to them.

Jake1131
Regular Visitor
novicepbixer
Advocate I

I just voted for your issue post @Jake1131 . Hopefully they will release a patch in the next update.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @Anonymous 

After testing, the problem you describe does exist. I have escalated the issue to ICM and will come back with an update if there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Amine777

Hello, any news or solution about the issue with the visio in power bi ?

Thank you

novicepbixer
Advocate I

@Amine777 I meet with Microsoft every Friday. I have already reached out for an update then. I'll let you know what I hear back. 

Amine777

ok thank you, so now there is no solution to update our reports?

novicepbixer
Advocate I

@Amine777 looks like you can download the last few months updates here: Previous monthly updates to Power BI Desktop and the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

And revert back to an older Power BI verison. Should do the trick. I'm about to try that. 

novicepbixer
Advocate I

That worked. I'm just going to use the December verison of Power BI until the fix.

Amine777

okey Thank you