Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Usage Metrics Not COrrect/Working

Usage metrics for reports are having missing data(The dates after OCT 3 not updated).Users table is also wrong and I have blanks in Users table.I see so many issues around Usage Metrics reported.Usage Metrics is very important feature to us,Can you please fix this immediately.Capture.PNG

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @SRUJANA8NEELAM,

Does the issue happen to the usage metrics report for a report or dashboard?

Do other usage metrics reports have the same issue? 

Please go to audit log check if there is any activity for the tracked report/dashboard. 

Please share the issued usage metrics report URL, the dashboard or report URL which is tracked by usage metrics report. Also please share your tenant ID and Power BI cluster. You can send these information to me via private message. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going through the same problem, after OCT 3, information does not appear.

Usage Metric Report.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft,

As requested I cannot share links as the information is sensitive.But I was able to see the views on dates 06/Oct and 07/Oct and again 08/OCt not there.

I see blanks in the view tables (Just showing no of Views but no user name).Can you please let me know why and when  this scenario occurs.

Scott-Liberty
Regular Visitor

Experiencing similar.  Days go by where data/metrics is not updated/populated, and some is sporadic/incomplete.  Not all users are appearing in the metrics report on certain days when confirmed/verfied they used (I've witnessed).  Report Usage hasn't updated in a week but consumption of the reports have been daily.  Is this a known issue? Any guidance on a fix/remedy would be appreciated.

norahfox
Advocate III

I am also having this issue. I can see usage through 10/2/18, but there's nothing after. I can see usage for dashboards, but not reports. I already don't trust that it's capturing all usage on the best of days, but having nothing there at all is extremely frustrating.

Scott-Liberty
Regular Visitor

10/2 seems to be the common theme here.........

justinh
Advocate IV

Same Here. 

No ViewsCount or ViewersCount data past Oct 2nd. The Date field is still updating though. 

2018-10-09 10_08_01-Usage Reports - Power BI Desktop.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I went through this difficulty last month, but it was solved so far, I believe it must be a similar problemissue.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I found the same issue already reported internally: CRI 87051345. PG team needs detail information to investigate this issue, please share below information: 

1. Issued usage metrics report URL

2. Dashboard or report URL which is tracked by usage metrics report

3. Tenant ID and Power BI cluster.

You can send these information to me via private message. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted