Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Urgent Issue: Incorrect display of Polish characters impacting our business.

Dear Support Team, 

I am writing to bring your attention to a critical issue that we are facing with the display of Polish characters on your platform. As a company that relies heavily on Microsoft products, we hold your services in high regard. However, the current situation is causing serious concerns, not just for us, but for our clients as well.

We have noticed that the Polish characters are being displayed incorrectly on PowerBI.com, which is affecting the quality of our reports and visualizations. Our clients have raised complaints about the unprofessional appearance of these characters, and as a result, our business reputation is being negatively impacted.

To give you more context, we have tried changing the language settings on PowerBI.com service, but the issue persists. We have also tested the display on both Microsoft Edge and Chrome, which confirms that this is a global problem, and not merely browser-specific.
To replicate issue change site language to Polish
2023-04-24_13h59_55.png

We kindly request your immediate attention to this matter and a prompt resolution. We believe that you understand the importance of providing accurate and professional-looking visualizations for businesses like ours that rely on your services. We appreciate any help you can provide in addressing this issue as soon as possible.

Hi @wittwo_sagra ,

Thank you for your feedback, would you be able to provide us with what kind of results these characters are expecting, we need a proper output sample to feed this issue to the product team.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @wittwo_sagra ,

Thank you for your feedback, would you be able to provide us with what kind of results these characters are expecting, we need a proper output sample to feed this issue to the product team.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

wittwo_sagra
Advocate I

Hello @v-xiaoyan-msft 
Thank you for your reply. 

Actually the expected proper formatting is visible in Power BI Desktop using Segoe UI. It is properly rendered there.

Below I attach a screenshot where you can see the bad and proper formatting.
2023-04-25_08h33_48.png

We are talking about Polish letters like "ń, ą, ś, ę, ł.." as you can see, currently they have different formatting and they stand out from the rest of letters used in first screenshot. 

The issue appears in Power BI Service www.powerbi.com, which is concerning. 
Thank you for your help!

wittwo_sagra
Advocate I

@v-xiaoyan-msft Hi, is there any progress regarding the issue? As many years MS partner, we would expect the issue to be resolved. 

wittwo_sagra
Advocate I

@v-xiaoyan-msft  Hello, How's the progress so far. Do you have a status update?