Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Unable to use the RLS security bucket to add anyone

Hi ,

I am unable to add anyone to the RLS bucket today.

Comments
neilmanson60
Frequent Visitor

We are also hitting this issue also (in N Europe) - the AD users/Groups show in the Publish App screen but it won't show in the RLS screen.

boffin50
Regular Visitor

One of our community members has posted a possible workaround in the forums: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Row-Level-Security-not-allowing-new-entries/m-p/649814/high...

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

You can keep an eye on the status of this issue in Support site: 

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

IVALANGE46639
Frequent Visitor

Having same issues and just recently this week. I tried the workaround mentioned above to refresh but doesnt seem to work either. Noticible was the "Enter email addresses" should show up in RLS security where you add members - but when not working - you will notice its just blank and will not allow an entry.

The only other workaround I have is going to the "datasets" and under the ellipses - select security and works, can see the above where I can enter email members but very spotty/imtermittent when it does work. 

MarcioL
Helper I

I am having the same issue. Can't had anyon eto the RLS. Yesterday was working fine. Did anyone got a solution?

Bhartman30
Advocate II

A workaround that worked for our organization was to select "Test As Role" and then go back to the row level security. 

This worked when refreshing the page didn't. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

The ETA is 3/29/2019. Please test again at the end of the 3/29/2019. 

q9.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

mmerchak
Advocate II

@v-qiuyu-msft 
Since no one has come back to update, I'll let you know that I have not experienced this issue again since that date!

santiagomur
Resolver II

Hi, 

i have the same issue, when i choose someone on the slicer and then change the rls the slicer still showme the select person but all the visuals blank then when i select someone that the role can see, the select desapears and run in the correct way, but if the user don´t enter in the slicer and chance it manually the last filter is showing.