Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to take over dataset

Receiving an error message of Failed to take over dataset. Please try again later.

This error is not occuring with all datasets even in the same workspace, only a select few. The owner has the same permission level as me and we have not had this issue in the past. Has anyone else had this issue?

crf_ce_1-1670005307666.png

Hi @crf_ce ,

This is acknowledged as an issue. We have reported the issue and submitted it to the internal icm platform, No: 348376992.  

Engineers will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update you here if there is any progress , please be patient.

You may try Take over the datasets ownership via API: Datasets - Take Over In Group - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @crf_ce ,

Are you the admin role of the workspace where the dataset is located?
Please try to become admin and try again.

Best regards.

crf_ce
Regular Visitor

I am in the Admin group. There are other admins as well receiving the same error.

AdamOrtega
Frequent Visitor

@v-xiaoyan-msft 

I am also seeing this issue today. Have not been able to take over multiple datasets in workspaces I am an Admin of. 

Thanks

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @crf_ce ,

This is acknowledged as an issue. We have reported the issue and submitted it to the internal icm platform, No: 348376992.  

Engineers will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update you here if there is any progress , please be patient.

You may try Take over the datasets ownership via API: Datasets - Take Over In Group - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn.

Best regards.

RubenB
Frequent Visitor

Has this issue been resolved? A Power BI user at our organization has a similar issue ongoing right now for a single report, that has been ongoing for a few weeks at this point.

Can someone give any additional information on what the problem might be, and what the status of a potential fix is?

kevinfollier

@RubenB 
You should look at the license model of the user and the workspace.
We have experienced the same issue : 
Power Bi workspace was with a Pro Licence but the user was with a free license.
After giving Pro License to the user, this one was able to take ownership on the dataset.

Hope it will help you !