Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Unable to scroll on Decomposition Tree "Explain By" fields

Hi,

We've been using the Decomposition Tree visual quite a bit since release, and a fairly annoying issue is that when viewed via the app on iOS or in a Teams session with a low resolution/small size, the list of available "Explain By" fields can exceed the length of the screen when expanded, and there is no way to scroll down to the ones cut off. This is very noticeable on Decomposition Trees that have a high amount of "Explain By" fields available.

Many thanks.

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@bselby 

You may click up and down arrow by the latest version of Power BI Desktop.

bselby
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

We are using the latest version of Power BI Desktop - August 2020. The up and down arrows are only on the Explain By fields that are selected onto the visual, whereas I am referring to the list that appears when you press the "+" button to decide which Explain By field you wish to select.

I have put a picture below to demonstrate, I have added A-Z as Explain By fields, but in certain scenarios/screen sizes, you cannot see the entire list and there is no way to scroll. For example I opened it in the Teams client on a small screen, the list only gets as far as "P". On the iOS app, the list only gets as far as "N". Even in the Power BI Desktop screen it can be cut short on a small screen (although I haven't included a picture of this below):

Decomopsition Tree Scroll.jpg

Many thanks.

theDarkPrince
Advocate II

Hi @bselby , unsure if you managed to get a resolution, here's something related to your issue :

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Decomposition-Tree-visual-unable-to-show-ALL-available-Expl...

Regards,

Nachiket P.