Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to schedule refresh using on-premises gateway for a dataset with Salesforce and Excel

Hi,

I m trying to schedule data refresh for a data-set that uses Salesforce and Excel using On-premises gateway.

While I m able to configure the same using the latest gateway(Personal Mode), the option to select on-premises data gateway is disabled.(It is running fine on a different local machine and I have configured other data sources for refresh)

Salesforce prompts for authentication using OAuth2 while Windows Authentication is enabled for Excel.

* Does on-premises gateway (July 2017 update) support Salesforce?

* I m fine changing excel to a different data source like Azure SQL DB/ SQLS erver if necessary. But is there a work around that I can use that would enable me to use on-premises gateway instead of personal gateway.

* I have also come across articles that mention lack of support for salesforce/ OAuth2 with other Data Sources.  If it has anything to do with the feature implementation on on-premises gateway, it would be nice if someone from microsoft can comment on any plans regarding when the support for salesforce can be expected.

DataGateway.PNG

Thanks,

Mannu

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

In your scenario, your dataset contains SalesForce and Excel, as the on-premise data gateway doesn't support OAuth authentication, it’s not able to use on-premise data gateway currently. You need to use personal gateway instead. The good news is PG almost complete this feature. You can see it here: Combine enterprise gateway and online data sources.

As your on-premise data gateway (personal mode) is offline, you can go to the machine 01HW1013365, start on-premise data gateway (personal mode) and sign in with your Power BI account. Then edit the credential for Salesforce and Excel back to Power BI service.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu