Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to publish from pbip Developer Mode files

Once you split a file into the pbip project developer mode you can NOT publish your work to the PBI service.

You can only resave your work as a standard pbix file and publish it that way.  

Hi @OneWithQuestion ,

From the official document Power BI Desktop projects (PBIP) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn can see:

Publish is disabled while this feature is in PREVIEW. You can either use Fabric Git Integration to publish your work, or save as a PBIX to publish.

vyanjiangmsft_0-1687336670927.png

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

Comments
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @OneWithQuestion ,

From the official document Power BI Desktop projects (PBIP) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn can see:

Publish is disabled while this feature is in PREVIEW. You can either use Fabric Git Integration to publish your work, or save as a PBIX to publish.

vyanjiangmsft_0-1687336670927.png

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

OneWithQuestion
Post Prodigy

Just for clarification, the Fabric Git integration is all under Fabric preview?  Do you know when it will be available in US goverment cloud offerings?

agusmba
Advocate II

Mmm, this was unexpected. I started testing PBI projects on some of my reports, but using local git, no Azure integration.

It's going to be a bit of a hassle having to save to pbix, and open that report in order to publish, then switch back to the project...

agusmba
Advocate II

Today I updated my Power BI Desktop version (from june 2023 to september 2023) and now the option to publish a PBI project is available.

Can you try updating @OneWithQuestion ?

Cheers!