Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Unable to link a tile to a dashboard in the current dashboard. Its throwing error. #Microsoft

I am unable to link a tile of a dahsboard  to open a particular report in a published APP of same workspace. Its throwing following error. @Anonymous 

Shubh007am_0-1674234316370.png

I have following dashboard as part of the workspace which also has all these reports named as the tiles . On clicking the respective tiles it should take me to the  respective report. Its throwing the above error when using the  functionality : set a custom link > Link to a dashboard or report in the current workspace . Please help me .

Shubh007am_1-1674234456035.png

Shubh007am_3-1674234671224.png

@powerbihelp87  @powerbihelp 

Hi @Anonymous ,

In Power BI Service,  tiles are the snapshot of your data, if original visualization used to create the tile changes, the tile doesn't change. After you republished the report, the change of report will not reflect to the dashboard tile. Please see: Dashboard tiles in Power BI.

To work around the issue, I would recommend you check if there are multiple filters set to this tile also the visual uses only 1 field. When you remove these filters, the tile will update to what is expected.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous ,

In Power BI Service,  tiles are the snapshot of your data, if original visualization used to create the tile changes, the tile doesn't change. After you republished the report, the change of report will not reflect to the dashboard tile. Please see: Dashboard tiles in Power BI.

To work around the issue, I would recommend you check if there are multiple filters set to this tile also the visual uses only 1 field. When you remove these filters, the tile will update to what is expected.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

FreeAzData
Regular Visitor

Yeah I have a similar issue, but whenever I try I don't get an error.

Whenever I set the Dashboard tile to navigate to a report in the same workspace, the navigation keeps resetting whenever I refresh the page. After refresh the tile leads nowhere. This prevents me from using this dashboard in an app to navigate to different reports (all reports are in the same workspace). This issue only started occuring in the last week, it was working as expected in the last 6 months prior.    

Update: This issue I was having seems to have resolved its self.