Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Unable to feed on-premises SQL-Server data into Lakehouse

Please advise specific instructions on how it is possible for data from an on-premises SQL server database to be fed into a Lakehouse.

When using Gen2 dataflow to connect to on-premises SQL server via a gateway (client using Power BI Premium), configuring a Lakehouse as the data destination does not work:

ericmarshall_0-1685197196601.png

If I use a Gen1 dataflow to connect to the on-premises SQL server, and then reference the result of this dataflow using a Gen2 dataflow, interface (most of the time) allows for the Lakehouse to be assigned as the data destination, but then the Gen2 dataflow fails to refresh and gives the following error:

ericmarshall_1-1685197457956.png

When above dataflow is referenced in a pipeline, the associated run fails and below error message is received:

ericmarshall_2-1685197810213.png

Trying to connect to the on-premises SQL Server database via a pipeline does not appear to be an option as the only available connection method is "Basic" and there is no option to select the gateway.

Hi  @ericmarshall ,

Given that it is still a preview feature, based on the error message you provided, Power BI is currently not supported at this time.

vxiaoyanmsft_0-1685326994426.png

Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @ericmarshall ,

Given that it is still a preview feature, based on the error message you provided, Power BI is currently not supported at this time.

vxiaoyanmsft_0-1685326994426.png

Community Support Team_Caitlyn

emarshall
Advocate I

@v-xiaoyan-msft 

Thanks for getting back to me. If you could please provide an update as soon as more information is available that would be great.

optimizer
Advocate II

Updating the Power BI Gateway solved the issue for me.