Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Unable to create new dataflow - just spins after hitting Next

Since this morning we've had issues in our tenant creating new dataflows - after entering connection details and clicking next, the dataflow GUI just spins. There are no issues with the gateways as they are fulfilling refresh requests just fine. Was there a deployment for dataflows recently? 

I'm in North Central US btw

Comments
SPELS
Frequent Visitor

Same here. Can't connect to new dataflow and can't see the data in my older dataflow. Was able to see data and create new dataflow last night but had this issue since morning.
I'm in Pacific Region (CA)

cvillegas
Advocate IV

Same here on East US 2.

JeremyHennessy
Regular Visitor

Also having issues creating new dataflows, was fine yesterday and this morning. But creating and editing existing dataflows are now just showing the loading icon. Also on East US 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will also add that all my datadlows are now taking even longer. Some have failed - time out. I can't refresh them either. Everything was working fine before, until today.

Nick_M2
Regular Visitor

Same issue here as well. Was working fine up until ~12:30pm EST then just came to a screeching halt. I connect to SQL Server and SharePoint and they both end up timing out. 

Things I tried:

1. Updated the gateway
  2. Ran the "Network Ports Test" and all succeeded
  3. Shows connected
  4. Disabled the Enhanced Compute Engine Settings
  5. Able to connect to the same data sources via PBI Desktop, so not an issue with the data source
  6. Connecting to very small tables times out, when much larger tables were loading in seconds previously.

Region is East US (Virginia) 

Since linked entities are no longer loading the new computed entities that I was working on are now telling me there are bunch of errors and subsequently wont save. This type of thing seems to happen every couple of weeks, so got smart and started saving all the M code into VS Editor because got tired of doing the same thing over and over again....And of course the health status pages for PowerBI and Azure don't so any sort of inclination that something is broken, which it obviously is. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Similar/Related issue, dataflow refreshes keep failing on US East 2, and when trying to make changes to existing dataflow, the validation just sits there spinning and doesn't complete.

cvillegas
Advocate IV

It seems to be coming back for our capacity now. Was happening on the PowerApps and PowerAutomate side as well. Appears to maybe be a bad check-in for Power Query update?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I may have a solution. Clear your browser cache. Sign out of your account. Sign in. Go to the dataflows, and check if there password/ user account authentication issues. 

I am making progress using this method. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright, this worked. Resolved. I started getting prompts on my datalflow after I cleared the cache and signed back in again. 

Error: Data source credentials are missing or invalid. Please update the credentials for SQL in dataflows settings page and try again. [Path: dirtt-sql-prd;Insight]. Request ID: 43e836b7-2e89-7e67-24dc-fbdd86228176 Activity ID: 38c44e3e-8e97-48aa-9a3d-19e3f6f7fc47

So I went to the dataflows, and I was prompted "how to connect to my data." After I did that, everything is back to normal. 

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi all,  

I suggest you to follow ceyres’s suggestion to test if the workaround and help you to solve the problem first.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin