Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to connect to the data source undefined

Hi,

out of a sudden, on the 28th of November the auto refresh stops working with the above issue.

TristanKuesters_0-1670575231722.png

Informationen from last try:

Cluster URI: WABI-WEST-EUROPE-B-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 6374157b-a61f-4a3a-8a59-a8d8ea493ff5
Request ID: 6aa9546b-d4f0-24b6-309a-6a7b58f03bb0
Time: 2022-12-09 08:00:56Z

When I refresh on the PowerBI Desktop it works.

I found a couple of informationen, that I have to set the data privacy setting to organisation in the power bi desktop AND the power bi gateway service, but this doesn't help.

I also install the newest gateway service, what also doesn't help.

Know I need to know some background about this isse.

Thanks in advance.

KR,

Tristan

Hi @TristanKuesters 

Does this problem occur when all datasets are refreshed or only some of them have problems with refreshing?

According to the error message you provided, I found some solutions, you can refer to the following.

Solved: Unable to connect to data source undefined - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: [Strange Error]: Unable to connect to the data sou... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Unable to connect to the data source undefined - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @TristanKuesters 

Does this problem occur when all datasets are refreshed or only some of them have problems with refreshing?

According to the error message you provided, I found some solutions, you can refer to the following.

Solved: Unable to connect to data source undefined - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: [Strange Error]: Unable to connect to the data sou... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Unable to connect to the data source undefined - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

TristanKuesters
Resolver I

Hi,

unfortunately none of the links were with a valuable content for me.

I try a few other things and got finaly my solution:

In my local powerbi file, I delete the credentials for every datasource which were stored "globaly" and "in the current file":

TristanKuesters_0-1673908216997.png

After this, I add them one by one and chosse as the data privacy the "organisational" level.

After refreshing the report localy, I uploaded it to the powerbi service and could refresh it there finaly! 

Kind regards, Tristan