Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Unable to cast object of type 'ComDataConvert' to type 'ComDataConvert'.

Unable to cast object of type 'ComDataConvert' to type 'ComDataConvert'. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. The sync works perfectly on power bi desktop. Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments
evil013

I am getting the same issue when trying to Refresh my dataset which is reading from an Azure SQL Database.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

roygv

I have the exact same issue.

Roy

evil013

I am still having this issue, though it seems to be intermittent. Yesterday worked fine, this morning not working again.

Data source errorUnable to cast object of type 'ComDataConvert' to type 'ComDataConvert'.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface.

vpray
Helper II

+1 from me - same issue. Was intermittant, online refresh only, but this morning seems to be hitting more files.  Deployed customer solutions are not refreshing, so this is urgent. 

PBI support, please escalate and work this problem if it is not accepted via another post.

Error text:

Data source error:
Unable to cast object of type 'ComDataConvert' to type 'ComDataConvert'.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface.
Cluster URI:
WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:
56340f6d-7f3f-4bea-b2d8-1f3094619ab4
Request ID:
82eba30b-62f5-46a8-98b4-9de394e9fc9e
Time:
2016-11-30 13:16:16Z

thanks!

Vincent

ryabbott

Yep! I am also getting the same issue when trying to Refresh my dataset which is reading from an Azure SQL Database.

ramaadhitia

Yes I'm also getting the same issue here. The problems does not occur when refreshing from power BI desktop and it seems to be intermittent. I'm also getting data from Azure SQL Database.

It is hard for me to pinpoint the problem, because the refresh is fine in power BI Desktop and the error message does not provide more details

Is this power BI / Azure service issue or problems with our Power BI report.

Any help will be 

vpray
Helper II

This error seems to be resolved for me now.

Thanks support,

Vincent

vpray
Helper II

One thing I did was go to my Access web app on Sharepoint (that was a datasource in my failing files), and switch the feature to "allow connections from anywhere" off then back on. Not sure if it was a coincidense, but started working after I did that.

Vincent

vpray
Helper II

I spoke too soon, this intermittent problem is back!

Vincent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue, I don't know what's causing. I'm sourcing through an Azure SQL Server online currently, there are no outages, and I've seen more issues.