Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

UPN in Microsoft Usage Statistics

Hi,

I downloaded the Microsoft Usage Statistics and connected it to my tenant.

The User Activity shows the top mail users identified with a UPN and Displayname.

Both fields showing values who are not representing a person in my AAD.

It looks like the code is a GUI-ID or something or it looks like it is HASHED.

Can I somewhere find the real UPN in Usage Statistics or can i edit the template so it will fit my needs?

Regards,

Maarten

Hi @MMun ,

Once the template is installed, it's shown as sample data, in the upper left corner, click "Connect your data":

vkalyjmsft_0-1679552652808.png

Then enter tenant id in the dialog, the app will show the real data in your company.

vkalyjmsft_1-1679552718006.png

If you don't know your tenant id, refer to: How to find your tenant ID - Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Community Support Team_kalyj

Comments
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @MMun ,

Once the template is installed, it's shown as sample data, in the upper left corner, click "Connect your data":

vkalyjmsft_0-1679552652808.png

Then enter tenant id in the dialog, the app will show the real data in your company.

vkalyjmsft_1-1679552718006.png

If you don't know your tenant id, refer to: How to find your tenant ID - Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Community Support Team_kalyj

MMun

Team_kalyj,

By installation I did already connect the dataset to the tenant . The tenant ID is showing in the settings in Microsoft Usage Statistics  in the field Parameters.

So is it possible that there is sample data in the table? Or will this be deleted soon as you connect the template to the tenant? There is data that matches in AAD (Department, Organisation)  but not the UPN!

Regards, MMU

MMun

An update.

I already did check my org. settings in the portal. Now I have to wait if the data is changing in Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics. 

See:  Microsoft 365 admin center SharePoint site usage reports - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support

Hi @MMun ,

Sorry for late back, I took a vacation last week. I'm not quite clear about what you mean, after you successfully connect to your company data, does it still show the sample data and not change to your own data?

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang