Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Trying to update Power BI App with the new experience

Hello,

Since changing my apps to the new app experience that came out on August 24th, 2022 I'm unable to update my apps. Just updating the data in existing reports work, however when I try to add a new report or user to the app, the updated fails on both premium and non-premium workspaces.

Here's the error message I receive:

Activity ID: 3c436903-31cc-4deb-acb6-129ce3edaaa0
Request ID: 86792392-0c11-b79d-66e0-0282c9f6d375
Correlation ID: 6e7df13f-9f69-f61a-e3ea-4ca37bbf32a6
Time: Wed Aug 31 2022 14:27:37 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Service version: 13.0.18945.45
Client version: 2208.4.12891-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-us-north-central-j-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Please let me know if you have any additional questions for me.

Thanks,

Morganne

Currently it have been considered as a known issue which would be fixed in early of September, so please stay tuned.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
Endurancevm

I would like to revert back to the old experience please. I don't need to manage audiences on my end and I have a default landing page setup with icons that navigate users to specific reports. I dont like having the giant navigation hanging out on the left side by defauly with just a list of text.

Though the pane can be collapsed, the home button (to pbi landing) is now gone too.

Please give us the option to revert back to the previous app experience.

crisp
Regular Visitor

I need an urgent downgrade/revert option. It has impacted all my deliveries since yesterday.

I'm thinking here how PBI release this version with all tests and without revert option enabled.

Please, i need an answer asap, I tried publish since today morning without sucess

pixmeister
Frequent Visitor

After encountering this issue on Friday, where I was unable to add users to an app,  I raised a support ticket. I notice that, this morning, this issue has been resolved for me. Hopefully this is now resolved globally.

rsa21
Frequent Visitor

Noticed you can hide reports but still no option to roll back the feature

Microsoft please give us the option to roll this back!

The option to hide / unhide is clunky at best and does not allow for multiple app / report views within the same workspace

jlopezmolinero
Regular Visitor

I have the issue now (5th Sept) that when I want to unhide a new report in the app, it raise an error when I tried to update. It is not solved and I can not rollback to the previous environment.

Identificador de actividad: 8afff1a6-0d29-4e5a-bc97-77de171f56bc
Identificador de la solicitud: a9700f53-343c-2a85-33fb-244d79d5905c
Id. de correlación: 5eec6de4-1f69-7068-3d8b-c82d6143312b
Hora: Mon Sep 05 2022 10:53:48 GMT+0200 (hora de verano de Europa central)
Versión del servicio: 13.0.18945.52
Versión del cliente: 2208.4.12891-train
jlopezmolinero
Regular Visitor

@v-yingjl any specific date for early september? or any issue update at Sept 5th? Thanks

jlopezmolinero
Regular Visitor

@v-kumardas do you know how can I request a rollback to the old experience? Thanks

akejoh
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yingjl 

1. How come is it that this issue with updating apps upgraded to the new experience isn't listed on the "Power BI known issue" page ?.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/troubleshoot/known-issues/power-bi-known-issues

After upgrading an app to the new experience the "Include in app" toggle on the workspace has become greyed out, is this also an known issue ?.

akejoh_0-1662410040084.png

This is an app which not yet been upgraded to the new experience where the "Include in app" toggle on the workspace still is active.

akejoh_1-1662410318514.png

miknik
Regular Visitor

Is there a projected day for solving this important issue please? It is Sep 6th, and the issue is not solved for West Europe.

jlopezmolinero
Regular Visitor

Hi @akejoh ,

Point 2 you mentioned is the normal situation in the new (and bad) experience, you can decide to include or not the reports in the app following the next steps of the experience in the content part.

But the known issue is that it does not work.

I hope that Microsoft fix it soon !!