Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Trying to update Power BI App with the new experience

Hello,

Since changing my apps to the new app experience that came out on August 24th, 2022 I'm unable to update my apps. Just updating the data in existing reports work, however when I try to add a new report or user to the app, the updated fails on both premium and non-premium workspaces.

Here's the error message I receive:

Activity ID: 3c436903-31cc-4deb-acb6-129ce3edaaa0
Request ID: 86792392-0c11-b79d-66e0-0282c9f6d375
Correlation ID: 6e7df13f-9f69-f61a-e3ea-4ca37bbf32a6
Time: Wed Aug 31 2022 14:27:37 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Service version: 13.0.18945.45
Client version: 2208.4.12891-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-us-north-central-j-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Please let me know if you have any additional questions for me.

Thanks,

Morganne

Currently it have been considered as a known issue which would be fixed in early of September, so please stay tuned.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
dlomartra
Frequent Visitor

I am also experiencing the same issue. Our system was just getting traction and this may kill our credability with users. How can one of the largest software companies in the world not do a better job at rolling out features? Absolutely ridiculous Microsoft.

akejoh
Regular Visitor

Hi all,

Microsoft updated the "Publish an app in Power BI" information on September 20, 
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-create-distribute-apps.

Where it under "Considerations and limitations" is said:
"We have temporarily relaxed the access list limit from 100 users or groups per audience group for the app. However, please note that this is temporary, and we might change the limit in the near future. We still recommend you use one or more user groups that contain all the desired users".

Exactly what the above means is difficult to interpret, if the access limit is unlimited or still limited and in such case to which number of users, some clear information would really be appreciated.

GonzaloB
Helper I

21st of September, the app remains inaccessible, this time it just won't load:

GonzaloB_0-1663730502554.png

Based on the comments on this thread, I'm wondering who could agree with defining the below as an accepted response
"Currently it have been considered as a known issue which would be fixed in early of September, so please stay tuned." 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, just tried to use one of the latest app experience, its not working at all.

here is my error: it works the first time (partially), when the app is created for the first time (report area is greyed out for privacy)

AbhishekH_0-1663751029809.png

above you will notice that - the update app icon is Yellow.

Once published and if I go back to editing my app, I am unable to do any changes. also the content area where we can change names for Navigation menu is not reflected in the published version of the report.

see image below, the update app icon is greyed out:

AbhishekH_1-1663751284314.png

Cannot update app (button greyed out)! - Microsoft Power BI Community
@v-yingjl  - can we please mark this issue as un resolved.. 

rgrabowski
Regular Visitor

Normally the Power BI team delivers some good updates in preview mode but really dropped the ball on this one. This really deters us from trying out preview features in the future. 

In addition to the issues others are experiencing the 'save a copy' of a report feature was removed during the preview phase. If you are going to remove existing functionality in a preview mode you need to make that abundently clear and enable users to revert back when things break.

chrisukbates
Frequent Visitor

Echoing the previous comments that the ball has been dropped from a mile high.  An 'Upgrade' that breaks fundamental functionality on production Apps is not good.  Please fix asap.

diannedentice
Frequent Visitor

We are also having issues adding any new reports to the app.  The admins can see and view.  Users can see the name of the report, but when they click on it, they are told they don't have permission, but they can see every other report that exists on the app.  No RLS has been set up.  We need to get this issue resolved. 

Thanks

Eloy_C
Frequent Visitor

I can not believe how bad is the new version. Horrible upgrade ( downgrade ).

Anonymous
Not applicable

same problem here. 3 months after they notice...

HSpeelman
Frequent Visitor

Still no news on this? My client cannot update apps anymore and add new reports. This is frustrating.