Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tool tips are missing on Power BI service

We have reports on the PBI service that are suppose to show tool tips on a matrix and when you hoover over a particular cell, the tool tip no longer appears. This appears to be a bug in the service. 

Hi @michaelm91 

The display on the Desktop is not exactly tooltips in the sense that it will be updated accordingly. So if you want to use tooltips, it is recommended to turn on the relevant settings .

vyetao1msft_1-1685084831875.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @michaelm91 

I have submitted your issue to ICM . I will come back with updates if there is any progress .

Best Regards,

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @michaelm91 

The display on the Desktop is not exactly tooltips in the sense that it will be updated accordingly. So if you want to use tooltips, it is recommended to turn on the relevant settings .

vyetao1msft_1-1685084831875.png

Best Regards,

michaelm91
Regular Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft - I appologize as tooltip was not the correct name of the issue. I am providing a screenshot of the feature I am describing which is missing now in the May 2023 desktop as well; April 2023 desktop works as expected. 

Hover text.png

In the example provided, Auto Close column value is "N/A for Auto Close" and we put a conditional formatting rule to provide the icon. In April 2023 and before, you were able to hover over the icon value and see the text. I am asking to have this bug investigated. 

WG-PBI
Frequent Visitor

is there a fix for this yet?

my report users used to like being able to hover over the conditional formatting icon to see the text/data behind the icon

they can no longer do this where conditional formatting icons have been used which is a shame

it works fine for me in desktop but when the report is published to the service this functionality is lost

gp10
Advocate III

@v-yetao1-msftany news on this?
This still hasn't been fixed.

michaelm91
Regular Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft - bump for Microsoft. Clearly this is an issue!

DaveJoe1000
Regular Visitor

Has this issue ever been resolved?

We used to be able to hover over values in a table, often text comments would be truncated due to length and we'd have Text Wrap turned off, and the text would appear.

Currently, in the Service, we can't get the text "pop-ups" to appear.