Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

This visual has exceeded the available resources.

Hi team,

I hope all of you are doing well. I'm sorry to put this issue here in the ideas section, but I could not find the issues input section.

I started getting this error in my dashboard from yesterday (((   This visual has exceeded the available resources. ))), it is uploaded online on my personal workspace, the day before it was working just fine, but yesterday it just stopped working at all, it does not matter what filters I choose, nothing works at all, the details of the error is copied below, I just want to know if this is caused by some admin in my organization, who may have changed the memory limit, or if it is something else from Microsoft's side?

Your help is much appreciated.

Error details:

More details: Resource Governing: This query uses more memory than the configured limit. The query — or calculations referenced by it — might be too memory-intensive to run. To run this query, you could simplify the query or its calculations, or reach out to your capacity administrator to see if they can increase the per-query memory limit. More details: consumed memory 2028 MB, memory limit 1331 MB. Learn more, see https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2159752.
Activity ID: d3965638-aeff-40f5-9fb1-cabe8c4af43e
Correlation ID: 5012667d-5975-b525-0eb5-8febf7259723
Request ID: db265cfe-496f-48cf-a54a-ab10cc4ad110
Time: Thu Mar 09 2023 12:51:20 GMT+0300 (Arabian Standard Time)
Service version: 13.0.20244.61
Client version: 2303.1.12680-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-us-north-central-e-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Kindly see the comments above.

Comments
madamszar

Hi Azad,

We are experiencing the same error since this morning. Our Power BI Report has been live for nearly a year, without any memory errors until today. I strongly believe this would be on the Microsoft side.

I hope this gets resolve soon or at least get some feedback from Microsoft. 

We have tried to optimise our measures and model but there is only so much that can be done when there measure are straight forward i.e CALCULATE(SUM). We are still getting memory errors after some optimization.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to the documentation:

This visual has exceeded the available resources.

This visual has exceeded the available resources. Try filtering to decrease the amount of data displayed.

Your visual has attempted to query too much data for us to complete the result with the available resources. Try filtering the visual to reduce the amount of data in the result.

And you can follow the tips to optimize your report:

1.Do not expose in a view a column that is not necessary in the Power BI data model.

2.Optimize the DAX calculation used in this visual to use less memory and return faster or change what the visual displays.

3.Remove unnecessary precision or split granularity values to reduce cardinality(Significantly reduce highly unique datetime values by splitting the date and time into separate columns. )

4. It may also be that your local computer has insufficient content space. You can turn off the memory that is not needed in the local computer when you turn on the power bi desktop.

This is the related document, you can view this content:

The “Visual Has Exceeded The Available Resources” Error In Power BI

Visual has exceeded the available resources - Table Visual

Data Import Best Practices in Power BI

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Kindly see the comments above.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft,

I just tried again, and the problem still exists, the same dashboard was working before, but it suddenly stopped, I did not update or change anything in the dashboard.

I think my issue is somehow related to this issue: 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/troubleshoot/known-issues/known-issue-308-tenant-migratio...

So I am waiting for it to be resolved, and then I will try again.

Best regards,

Azad

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Thank you for sharing, and I will keep an eye on this issue. I will give feedback here if there is any progress.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn