Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Text boxes are mangling bullet points and indentation

PowerBI is displaying text boxes correctly in Desktop app:

andren_0-1685988361546.png

But when viewed in the browser, the list and indentation no longer make sense:

andren_1-1685988427909.png

I would expect the browser to present the exact same content as Desktop. I have tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge, all on private mode and all extensions disabled, but the issue persists.

Hi @andren 

What month is the version of PBI Desktop that you used for testing?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @andren 

What month is the version of PBI Desktop that you used for testing?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

markoverton
Employee

I see this also, both when publishing via Power BI Desktop and when working natively in Power BI Service. In Power BI Service, numbered list indentation seems to work and render correctly while editing, but saving then viewing gives that broken experience described above.

(In case you still really need it, though I suspect not given it repros in PBI Service, my Desktop version is 2.119.701.0 64-bit (July 2023))

loobadomidoo

Bumping this, also encountering the same issue. Numbered lists with indents show properly on Desktop, but show one continuous numbered list online/Service.

NUJSong
Regular Visitor

Bumping this as well, facing the same issue. Text box with bulleted outline of indents in Desktop getting mangled with a numbered list in the online service.

For reference, my desktop verion is  2.122.746.0 64-bit (October 2023).

USABB_Data
Helper I

Bumping this.  Exact same behavior.

Seig52

Bump bump. Same issue whether publishing from desktop or switching from edit mode to view mode in service. The formatting is always correct in desktop or edit mode but any sub-numbering or bulleting gets turned into a straight count with full left indent when in view mode.

USABB_Data
Helper I

Yes @Seig52 put it perfectly.  This is bug that feels like a quick/easy fix for Microsoft.  Let's keep this thread active to see if we can get eyes on it.

J_Ort

We are also encountering this issue! Hopefully there is a bug fix.

wtg_bko
Frequent Visitor

Voted for this too since this is still an issue now.
I don't think the Desktop version matters since the problem is in powerbi.com/Azure but my Desktop version is 2.124.2028.0 64-bit (December 2023).
I noticed the same thing as @Seig52 >in powerbi.com edit view the indent/bullet points also display correctly so the issue happens just in the reading view.

rbartusek

Having exact same behavior.  Indentation from desktop not persisting to online after publishing.  In desktop using number list with sub-bullets indented with lower case letter numbering, online verison displaying one continuous list of numbers.