Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Table export formatting problems

I have two issues with exporting from a table...

1)  Exporting to excel as 'summarised data' causes column headers that have summarised totals (i.e. numeric with values set to 'summarised') to include the text 'Sum of '.  End users do not want this clutter, column headers need to be as formatted in the report display.

2)  Similarly, if I rename a column on the table via the dropdown in the values section, that new column name is not retained when exported (again as summarised) - it reverts back to the underlying data field name.

The report layout is all set out in the Power Bi Desktop tool and published to user workspaces and apps.

Both these issues will be highly irritating for the end users, we are designing reports with their end-use in mind and they should not be expected to have to rework outputs.  Thanks.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@davidlynch

For the first issue, you can create a measure to calculate the totals. Then when you export the summarized data, the measure name will be used directly for that column header.

You can also change the column name to another one, and then change it back in Power BI Desktop. With such workaround, you should be able to avoid the text of "Sum of".

For the second issue, I'm not able to repro it on my side. I'm using version 2.49.4831.521 64-bit (August 2017) of Power BI Desktop. For more details, please refer to my recorded video and let me know if the workaround works on your side.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info