Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Subscriptions to Paginated Reports are losing Parameters and returning to defaults.

After creating a subscription to a paginated report and saving the subscription, the parameter values are lost and reset to default values which cause the reports delivered via email to be wrong. 

Hi @Jeff_Rauh ,

We have reported your issue and have submitted to internal icm 337859067 , engineers are doing their best to fix this issue . please be patient and I will give you feedback here once there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Jeff_Rauh ,

You’ll see a new drop-down menu in your subscription pane that allows you to select one of two values when you’re creating your subscription if you have selectable parameters in the report.  By default, it will use the current parameter values you have selected to view your report.  Make sure you select your values and run your report prior to creating your subscription to ensure the correct parameter values are captured.  If the report author has setup default parameter values for all of the selectable parameter options, you will have the option to use those instead.

vcaitlynmstf_0-1665021219591.png

Please check your selection.

Best Regards,

Jeff_Rauh
Regular Visitor

Thank you Community Support Team _ Caitlyn for the response.  However, I created the subscription exactly how you described and after the resulting report is next executed the report delivered has used the default values. 

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @Jeff_Rauh ,

We have reported your issue and have submitted to internal icm 337859067 , engineers are doing their best to fix this issue . please be patient and I will give you feedback here once there is any progress.

Best Regards,

MarkPalmberg
Kudo Collector

I wonder if we're suffering from a related issue. I'm an admin on a workspace (via a mail enabled security group), and I:

• Can't see the full list of users who I know have active, working subscriptions in the workspace
  • Can't create a paginated report subscription that persists after saving.

I worked with a user today to confirm that she, too, is unable to save a paginated report subscription. She's also unable to delete an existing subscription (I don't know when it was created...I can't see it in the workspace). We have premium capacity and pro licenses for our users.

MarkPalmberg
Kudo Collector

Just an update here that I'm having what I assume is a related issue here. I have a paginated report running in the service that I can execute just fine, then set up a subscription to that executed report instance, which includes parameter selections. All appears fine when I save the subscription.

But then the subscription fails with:

The error while creating the subscription was:

rsParametersNotSpecified

Some parameters do not have valid values. Parameter SOLICITCODE is missing values.

And when I go to examine the failed subscription, I don't even see the parameter selections.

MarkPalmberg_0-1673968307820.png

vb55
Frequent Visitor

I have had the same issue.  However, 1 thing I noticed is that if the parameter allows multi-select and I choose the "Select All" option,  a null is shown in the parameter passed in the subscription.  However, if I choose all except 1 (selecting all individually enables the "Select All"),  the parameter is populated and the subscription runs just fine.  Is this the same in your scenario?

MarkPalmberg
Kudo Collector

I dunno, @vb55 , what I ended up doing is refactoring this particular report, which seems to have resolved my issue? Whether the refactoring or some change on the service side is resonsible, I can't rightly say.

vb55
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Mark !

motoray
Helper V

I have a report doing the same thing now. It has lots of subscriptions currently, but for some reason if I create a new subscription, the defaults aren't saved and the report fails. I can go in after the fact and check the default button and make it work, but this is painful and not intuitive to users. It seems like something has changed, but I can't get it to work like it used to. Other similar reports are working normally. Has anyone figure out a way to fix the report?

andres777
Advocate III

Same issue,
I'm Power BI Admin, and I have 1 report with 1 parameter that contains 24 regions,
I programmed 24 subscriptions to deliver that report to 24 regions (different emails)
and it used to work fine until yesterday, Now they are all getting errors in their distribution emails...

We need this fixed ASAP !

The error while creating the subscription was:

rsParametersNotSpecified

Some parameters do not have valid values. Parameter LOCATION is missing values.