Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Starting today I'm unable to select data from today. Has a settling changed in Powerbi?

Hello, 

We used to be able to see our "live" data, so I could select todays date and see the report update with data from the dataset and dataflow refresh. 

Just today, todays date and all future are greyed out on the report filter in the online view. 

ANy idea why?

harbour_service_1-1644438504346.png

Hi @harbour_service 

May I know are you choosing the date from a Slicer? Is the type of the Slicer Between? Is this Slicer based on a date column from your data source? Did you set any filter for this Slicer visual?

vcazhengmsft_0-1644463367264.png

Is it convenient for you to provide a link of a sample pbix file containing this calendar so I can investigate at my side? Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @harbour_service 

May I know are you choosing the date from a Slicer? Is the type of the Slicer Between? Is this Slicer based on a date column from your data source? Did you set any filter for this Slicer visual?

vcazhengmsft_0-1644463367264.png

Is it convenient for you to provide a link of a sample pbix file containing this calendar so I can investigate at my side? Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

harbour_service
Regular Visitor

Thank you for the thought Caiyun. 

As an update, it looks like the dates in the future (inluding the present day) are greyed out because there is no data for it. 

SO, even though the datasets and dataflows are refreshing the report isn't updating with the new/available data. 

HOWEVER, today at about noon my time the data from yesterday became available so there seems to be a delay in the data update on the report from when it is updated in the dataset and flow.

Any thoughts here?