Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Something went wrong - Unable to save the report

Hello,

Since yesterday i am getting the following error when trying save a report online. If i download the report it opens and saves fine in Power Bi Desktop:

Activity ID: cbfaf020-fe88-437c-a192-d2571ba6f2cf
Request ID: 98eb3840-9258-1bd0-4a42-c34895b83b6d
Correlation ID: a8d8bbbf-9b17-9805-4854-287363ed5588
Status code: 401
Time: Wed Mar 15 2023 10:34:27 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Service version: 13.0.20295.57
Client version: 2303.2.12867-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-us-east2-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

This is happening on all of my reports.

Thanks,

Hi  @AdamWhittaker ,

This seems to be an issue that occurs specifically with you, and no feedback has been received from other users with similar issues at this time.

Based on the above information, if you are a Power BI Pro licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.
It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

The link of Power BI Support: Support | Microsoft Power BI

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @AdamWhittaker ,

This seems to be an issue that occurs specifically with you, and no feedback has been received from other users with similar issues at this time.

Based on the above information, if you are a Power BI Pro licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.
It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

The link of Power BI Support: Support | Microsoft Power BI

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best regards.

Ninimbus_jr
Frequent Visitor

Im having the same issue with some users, one user and I can access it, the other 3 cant... those who cant, they can download and open in desktop, but not in services... they can also publish, share with me (i can open) but they still cant open it... im using live connection

cccbi
Regular Visitor

Hello,

same issue since Tuesday... But only few reports and users are affected, all others are working as usual.

We think it is maybe related to updates on the App audience functionality?

I cannot reproduce it by myself (admin privileges seems to overwrite the problem), but different users get the 'unable to save the report' message. Same reports worked before.

There are two possible reasons we have tested - but there must be more:

1. a report is included in an app with different audiences, but hidden in all

--> result: the key user (Pro licence, could be the owner of the dataset or not) cannot save changes to ANY report in any workspace based on the same dataset. All other reports - no problem. So not related to user or workspace or connection type, but to the dataset? no visible changes to access rights on the dataset, but maybe a 'hidden' setting? 'save a copy' is possible. Changes to the copy cannot be saved later.

--> change the settings in the app and show the report in at least one audience --> all reports can be saved again.

2. a report is included in an app - now you delete this report, without refreshing the app

--> changes on any report based on the same dataset cannot be saved

--> app refresh --> save is possible again

3. there must be more reasons, because today the same user who was successful with option 2 yesterday has the same problem today!

Thanks for any help!

Best regards,

Carola

PS: I tried to open a support ticket, but it seems impossible. Could not open 'normal' ticket (only Pro user, I have PPU). In Admin Portal 'New Support Request' doesn't work. If there is an other way to create a ticket, please let me know.

cccbi
Regular Visitor

Hi @AdamWhittaker , @v-xiaoyan-msft 

Have you found a solution for the saving problem?

We have the same issues (error code 401) since last week (please see my comment from Friday). Seems to affect some more reports today, but not all... Without changes to workspaces, users, datasets. All reports based on some datasets cannot be saved by users who were able to do so before. 'Save as' and 'save copy' is working, but all changes to an existing report cannot be saved.

Thanks & regards,

Carola

AdamWhittaker
Helper I

@cccbi No I have not found a solution, I tried downloading the report, updating it in the Desktop app, saving then re publishing but its the same issue once its published. 

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support

Hi @AdamWhittaker ,

Based on my current authority, I am unable to investigate this issue further as I have not been able to reproduce it.In order to get your problem solved as soon as possible, please seek the help of a higher authority engineer as described above.

Best regards.

AdamWhittaker
Helper I

Did something change on the Microsoft side? I was able to edit the report and save it this morning without an error. Nothing changed on my end.

cccbi
Regular Visitor

Hi @AdamWhittaker ,

I don't know details, but 'something' was found and changed by MS on friday. I was asked to test it (was in chat with support) - Our users can save their reports again.

Best regards,

carola