Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Something went wrong [Packet Header Size Limit]

Without compression algorithm, the uncompressed data size specified in a packet header exceeds limit of 8.5 MB. Please reduce the size of column data values within the transformed result-set to below 8.5 MB.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Anyone know why I'm getting this error on trying to refresh?

Hi @SimonNoer 

As solution you will have to modify your query to reduce the data, and this experience is a design limitation.

Optimization guide for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

How to reduce your Power BI model size by 90%! | by Nikola Ilic | Towards Data Science

So your method works .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
SimonNoer
Regular Visitor

Solution found.

i dont know if it was the cause, but reducing the number of columns in 2 tabeles fixed the issue

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @SimonNoer 

As solution you will have to modify your query to reduce the data, and this experience is a design limitation.

Optimization guide for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

How to reduce your Power BI model size by 90%! | by Nikola Ilic | Towards Data Science

So your method works .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

SimonNoer
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft 
And thanks

I wasn't satisfied with my "hack" solution. I wanted to find the root cause.

Turns out one cell had an Image stored of 8,8 MB.
And MS only allows 8,5 MB for values in each cell.

So for Future people who stumble across this problem. Its probably a column coining and image stored as binary thats larger than 8,5 MB