Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Slicers based on Date Hierarchy not working in Service

I have a report that contains two filters based off of a date hierarchy -Year and date hierarchy - Month. The datsource for this is a Power BI Dataset. The filters work correctly in the Desktop application, but fail in the servcie as of this morning 2/6/2020. When clicking on the slicers in the service, nothing happens. The visuals do not get filtered and it appears to lock the report up.

Comments
rmumaw

We are experiencing the same issue, just started today.

hvanstalle
Frequent Visitor

Same here! 

Tamriko
Regular Visitor

We are expiriencing same but I can't connect it 100% to date hierarchy. I guess this issue connected 

Issue with filter in PBI Services 

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are also experiencing the same issue from last two days,

I am also using the date Slicer (Relative Date) on the matrix chart, it only shows the data for the last 1 week, if it is changed to the Last 1 month, it not load the data and shows the error: "Couldn't load the data for this visual. You have reached the maximum allowable memory allocation for your tier. "

I am trying to uninstall and reinstall Power BI also clear cache memory but still the same issue.

Plz, suggest any solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

We were also facing the same problem. For the time being, we resolved it by replacing the slicers fields from "Date hierarchy" with dedicated Year, Month fields created using DAX.

Slicers built on the DAX fields are working seamlessly.

Hope the issue will be rectified by MS team soon.

Regards,

Karthick V.

tpar394
Regular Visitor

We are experiencing the same issues for the past 2 days.  Once the file auto refreshes it seems like the slicers stop working

JonnyPBI
Advocate I

In order to get this to work, I had  to change the slicers to a dedidicated Year column slicer and dedicated Month column slicer much as @Anonymous did.  This should only be considered a temporary fix. I believe these slicers were part of a deployed working report in a Premium workspace, they they stoped working.  Again, these date slicers based on hierarchical still work fine in Power BI Deskstop, so there is a conflict between the way Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service are working. 

Here is a screenshot of the Year Slicer's settings including the visualization pane's field selection and the Fields pane's source column.

DateSlicer.JPG

In order to fix this for now I had to switch to a non-hierarchical Year column.

YearSlicer2.JPG

Tamriko
Regular Visitor

It seems back to work now.

hvanstalle
Frequent Visitor

Still the same issue here...

Anonymous
Not applicable

We still have the same issue too.