Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Show next level arrow greyed out in matrix

Just today I realized that a lot of my reports are having a greyed out “show next level” drill down arrow on the top level of the hierarchy:

Eliasaki92_0-1684240097917.png

If I readd the columns to the row elements of the matrix it works again.
This appears to be a new bug and I am not sure if you aware of it.

Is this a known issue? @miguel1 

Hi @Eliasaki92 

If you cannot reproduce this issue , it becomes very difficult to find the cause.  For the rest of the faulty matrix you can only update it manually for now. You can keep watching to see if the same thing happens subsequently.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @Eliasaki92 

There is no similar known issue. Does your problem occur only with matrix or do other visuals with hierarchical structures have this problem ? Does this problem occur in Service or Desktop ?

Best Regards,

Eliasaki92
Advocate II

Many thanks for your quick response. It occurs in both Desktop and Service and so far I have only seen it in the Matrix visual. However not all matrix show this behaviour, but I cannot find out why it sometimes is disabled and sometimes not (I am always on the top level of the hierachy when I test it).
When I rebuilt the rows of the matrix it works again, but this effects mutliple reports and it would be a lot of work to recreate. 

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Eliasaki92 

If you cannot reproduce this issue , it becomes very difficult to find the cause.  For the rest of the faulty matrix you can only update it manually for now. You can keep watching to see if the same thing happens subsequently.

Best Regards,

Zap

Same issue here, I have one report with several matrix visuals with the same hierarchy in the rows - only one has the bug that the "go to next level" button is greyed out.

The row hierarchy contains one custom hierarchy with 4 fields plus 1 extra field.

I can't reproduce the bug itself, but to repair it I can deselect and then add again one of the fields in the custom hierarchy - if I remove and add the other extra field it has no effect on the bug.

hrafnkel11
Helper I

Same issue here. Two nearly identical matrices on the same page - top is greyed out, bottom is not.

hrafnkel11_1-1688398123095.png