Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Shared with me menu empty

Hello,

When I open the 'Shared with me' menu in Power BI service no reports are shown. After I refresh the page I can see the reports. 

This does not happens once but everytime. 

Hi,

According to my research, a similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned. ICM: 280048354

In the latest update of this ICM, the engineers have found the root cause of this issue:

This is a client-side bug.

The ETA for this issue is 02/10.

Before we have the fix. Refresh the shared with me page and then open the report is a valid workaround.

I will update here once I get any information.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Comments
kevmueller74
Regular Visitor

I am having a similar issue with one of of our users. They had no issues until about last week, everything had been showing in thier Shared with me section and now nothing. I had them sign out and back in and also re-shared everything with them (even though they still had access) and nothing. We are not getting reports of any of the other 600 users in our organization having this issue. They can not even see them after they refresh thier browser. 

They did switch recently from Chrome to Edge as thier default browser. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have a couple users that have lost all 'Shared with me' items and 'Favorites' in the past day, as well. 

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi,

According to my test, I can immediately see the report list when I click on the “Shared with me” option on the page:

vrobertqmsft_0-1641868458423.png

If you still have a problem and want to get a solution for this kind of displaying problem as soon as possilbe, I suggest you to open a support ticket to get the direct help from the technical support team of Microsoft.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

we have the same issue here, if you refresh the page (web browser level) you will see the missing items.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Carlos.  We tried that yesterday to no avail, but this morning, the list was populated. Very strange.

TiemenHarms
Advocate I

@v-robertq-msft , thank you for your reply. But I hope you can address this issue, I have tried to open the 'Shared with me' menu on a different machine and still the same issue. The issue is 'Hot' so I think there are (a lot) more people experience this issue.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi,

According to my research, a similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned. ICM: 280048354

In the latest update of this ICM, the engineers have found the root cause of this issue:

This is a client-side bug.

The ETA for this issue is 02/10.

Before we have the fix. Refresh the shared with me page and then open the report is a valid workaround.

I will update here once I get any information.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

markyh
Regular Visitor

Hi, we're also having similar issues with Shared with me, it will sometimes show a couple of reports, but then on refreshing the page it will list all reports.

I've also had reports from other users seeing reports in their shared with me which don't open when clicking on (eventhough access is granted).  But again when the browser if refreshed, these same reports then open fine.

I'm hoping the incident mentioned in this thread (ICM: 280048354) will also address this issue ?  

TiemenHarms
Advocate I

@v-robertq-msft Thanks again. I wait for the update in February, luckily there is a workaround (refresh the page)