Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SharePoint Online List Error in Refresh since June 2019 update

Ever since the new update, we are getting that there is an error in every row loaded from all connceted Sharepoint lists (the 3 with the red flag below plus 3 others out of the view of this screenshot.).  The error tables show ever row, but do not specify any column with an error and the tables are updating.  It may be a false error, but feel nervous accepting that as the result.SPERROR.png

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mshipley002

Please click on View errors, it will open the Query Editor and show the Query Errors. Please find if there is detail error information. 

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft 

I'm experiencing the same issue - but when you click the flag to get the errors it takes forever to Load (I'm talking hours) and when you scroll across to find any errors it freezes up for a few hours more.

I left it running over night and was still running this morning.

There's another post about other people experiencing this too with Sharepoint Lists. 

In addition to this - I get the same error when opening a new desktop instance and loading data for the first time from Sharepoint.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Through painstaking testing I've managed to get the errors - it's in the 'versions' metadata.
snip.JPGsnip1.png

Hoping this info helps and gives us a quicker fix.

mshipley002
Regular Visitor

I have deleted every field except the ones I needed, but still get the errors.  Same for you @Anonymous?

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes - I even get the issue when importing new data into a fresh instance of PBi Desktop.

mshipley002
Regular Visitor

This has to be related to the June 2019 update, right? @Anonymous 

Anonymous
Not applicable

100% yes.

concerned that no one has reviewed/accepted this though.

lots of comments from you and me will help 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't realise I could log tickets directly with Power Bi - but I can!!

I've raised one and should get a response by this time tomorrow - will update you when I get feedback.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I got information that this is a change which affects Firewall buffering as well as load/refresh in Power BI desktop June version.

Please remove the column which causes the error in Query Editor. If you cannot remove the column, you should be able to replicate the old behavior by adding a custom column and using logic like the following:

if [MyColumn] is table then "[Table]" else if [MyColumn] is record then "[Record]" else if [MyColumn] is list then "[List]" else if [MyColumn] is function then "[Function]" else [MyColumn]

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft 

As I've explained in the other post - this fix doesn't help.

I've logged a support ticket now.