Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Serious BUG of PBI Desktop May 2023 release

May version came out yesterday, since then:

1) It is NOT POSSIBLE to make ANY CHANGE in "Options", the "ok" button greys out, and pop-up window just sits there. 

2) Size of .pbix file keeps increasing every time "Save" button is clicked, even when there is very little to no actual data change

Capture.JPG

Hi @QC 

I tested the problem you described and everything works fine in my case. How did you update your Desktop? You can uninstall the previous version and install it by re-downloading the installer from download center. 

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

Recording 2023-05-29 at 16.22.15.gif

If you report a change, it will have a corresponding cache, size becomes larger is very normal phenomenon. Unless you do not make any changes, then the size of the pbix file will not change.

vyetao1msft_0-1685348957162.pngvyetao1msft_2-1685349292913.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @QC 

I tested the problem you described and everything works fine in my case. How did you update your Desktop? You can uninstall the previous version and install it by re-downloading the installer from download center. 

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

Recording 2023-05-29 at 16.22.15.gif

If you report a change, it will have a corresponding cache, size becomes larger is very normal phenomenon. Unless you do not make any changes, then the size of the pbix file will not change.

vyetao1msft_0-1685348957162.pngvyetao1msft_2-1685349292913.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao