Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Selection Pane Drag and Drop Layer Ordering Glitchy and Frustrating

I just updated my PowerBI and now when I drag and drop items into groups in the selection pane, the item will jump randomly (up or down) into another group (that may or may not even be expanded) and it takes at least 3 attempts to get it where I want it. Please can you look into this!

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for your reply! You may upload your screenshot by Insert photo option.

vcazhengmsft_0-1637138187223.png

For your issue, since I couldn't repro it, I would suggest you opening a support ticket by Support | Microsoft Power BI. There will be a support engineer assigned to you to  help you on this issue.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @Anonymous 

May I know whether you are using the latest version of Power BI Desktop?

vcazhengmsft_0-1636945018241.png

Could you please make your issue more clear with some screenshots? Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, this is the latest version of PBI. 

The first screenshot shows where I dragged the item to, and the second shows where it popped up when i let go of the mouse. I had to repeat the drag and drop three times before it worked. 

caramcfarlane_0-1637037591292.png

caramcfarlane_1-1637037659740.png

Is there a way to share my screen recording without first having to upload it to youtube?

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for your reply! You may upload your screenshot by Insert photo option.

vcazhengmsft_0-1637138187223.png

For your issue, since I couldn't repro it, I would suggest you opening a support ticket by Support | Microsoft Power BI. There will be a support engineer assigned to you to  help you on this issue.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

Salvador20

Same hapenning here since long ago. Working on 2.99.621.0.

HCatHP

Yes, this is happening CONSISTENTLY and has been for a long time.  Exactly as described above.  Except I'm jealous it only takes them 3 tries most of the time.  It usually takes more than that for me.

norahfox
Advocate III

This is such an irritating issue. It happens nearly every time I try to move visuals into an existing group or try to change the order within a group. I have lost so many hours reordering visuals over the last few months. Sometimes the one I'm moving will just go into another group, and sometimes it'll just be one off from where I want it.

I just spent 10 straight minutes trying to get my visuals in the right order (I number them so that it's consistent in every report) and I finally just gave up. 

norahfox_0-1646950736100.png

kyleschlabach
Regular Visitor

Agree this is a really irritating bug that wastes a lot of time. Very surprised this has persisted so long.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an email update from Microsoft saying they hope to get this resolved by the end of May (though I previosuly had one that said by the end of April so lets hope it doesnt move again!)

MichaelDoig
Advocate I

I can reproduce this. Every. Single. Day. 

It is the most irritating experience I have with Power BI. 

Now we're beyond May, I'm hoping there is... something? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I now have an update from Microsoft saying the fix will be released in the next release of PBI Desktop - fingers crossed!