Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Scheduled refresh compatibility with R 4.3.0?

I am running R script on my PowerBI desktop app for some reports I manage. 

These reports are published online and are set on scheduled refreshes through the personal gateway. 

Recently, I upgraded my machine to have the latest R version 4.3.0. from 3.6.3. Then, I no longer am able to refresh these online reports. Below message is a type of error I get - saying that there's no package called tidyverse. But I can refresh my reports through my PowerBI desktop app without any issue loading in tidyverse package from R and refresh every component of my reports. These refresh failures only happen with the scheduled refreshes or when I click refresh button on the datasource online. So, now I am wondering if the personal gateway somehow doesn't support the latest R version for its script? I can't seem to find the exact answer anywhere...

Error: 

Data source error: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"ADO.NET: R script error.\r\nError in library(tidyverse) : there is no package called 'tidyverse'\r\nExecution halted\r\n"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"R"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"R"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.ErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.ExceptionType","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Scripting.R.Exceptions.RScriptRuntimeException"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Message","detail":{"type":1,"value":"R script error.\r\nError in library(tidyverse) : there is no package called 'tidyverse'\r\nExecution halted\r\n"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataSource.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: se_ho_final.
Cluster URI: WABI-WEST-US-C-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: c70f0060-7024-422e-a687-2dcd20415db1
Request ID: 95949f5f-1bb4-e7ff-359f-7d6a2c0fafbf
Time: 2023-05-30 15:01:06Z

Hi @khan_m 

What is the status of the personal gateway displayed on Service? Is it in normal operation? Is your personal gateway currently updated to the latest version?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @khan_m 

What is the status of the personal gateway displayed on Service? Is it in normal operation? Is your personal gateway currently updated to the latest version?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

khan_m

@v-yetao1-msft I have installed the latest version of gateway (3000.170.10. April 2023).

image.png